Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pixel PR offers publishing and book marketing solutions for writers for a couple of years. We have an experience of more than 5 years in working with both authors and publishing houses in various projects such as Social Media Management, Book Cover Designs, Website Designs and Ebook Formatting among other book related services.

Special discounts for Kboard members on my Webdesign Services - just $100 for our Basic Webdesign Package, which includes:

- Wordpress installation
- Up to 3 pages
- Theme
- SEO optimized
- 3 plugins
- Submission to major Search engines

I swear I am up to no good these days. Why? Keep reading and you will find out.

Do you want a FREE site? We are offering 10 free websites

We worked with many authors and now we want to help them by re-designing their websites. We want to help as many as we can, so here is what we are looking for:

1. Websites hosted on Wordpress
2. Websites that are at least one year old
3. Cluttered, unattractive, old-fashioned author websites that are not hosted on Wordpress, but you want to transfer it

There are many websites out there that don't do justice nor to the author and nor to his work. Not to mention that are many author websites that don't function well. It may seem an easy task: taking an eye-catching theme, throw in some content and designing a couple of images and a logo, but it's not and things don't always go as planned.

We are committed to create amazing author websites and we will focus on the most important aspects: growing your author platform and increasing your book sales. There are many aspects, which grab your readers' attention and keep them on your website. Things like 'add to cart' vs 'buy now' make a difference in sales and help you achieve your goals.

We want to build up new relationships with authors whose websites desperately need a facelift. In exchange, we are asking for a testimonial and a link from your website/blog to ours on the keywords 'book marketing services' or 'author website designs'.

In case your site is new and attractive, you don't qualify, but we are eager to make authors happy and help them as much as we can. So, if you know a fellow author that needs a new website, we ask you from the bottom of our heart to share this promotion on your Twitter or Facebook and let them know. These services are otherwise worth $200 (basic design) or $800 (complete design). You could also write a guest post on a writing website or on your own blog and announce everyone about this opportunity. However, it's not mandatory, it's up to you.

What's included:

- Website transfer, in case it's not hosted on Wordpress
- New template
- Social Media and Contact form integration
- Tips for growing your platform
- Goodreads and Amazon Widgets
- Up to 3 plugins that will make your life easier
- Header (we will also change those on your Social Media Accounts if you want)
- Logo

What's not included:

- Content - this is up to you. We will keep the existing content on your website
Important Note: We will make your site fast, clean and simple. We will fix any problems and we will set it up to increase your book sales. Please don't email us asking for little changes that you think are good (you are the author, not the designer), we won't clutter your website just because you need things to POP. Most of the things won't matter and in the end we will be back to where we started - to an unattractive website with no or few sales.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Pixel_pr,

Welcome to Kboards! [br][br]You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Café![br][br]Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:[br]http://www.kboards.com/yp/[br][br]The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.[br][br]In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks![br][br]Betsy[br]KBoards Moderator [br][br]Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you want a FREE site?

Pixel PR offers publishing and book marketing solutions for writers for a couple of years. We have an experience of more than 5 years in working with both authors and publishing houses in various projects such as Social Media Management, Book Cover Designs, Website Designs and Ebook Formatting among other book related services.

I swear I am up to no good these days. Why? Keep reading and you will find out.

Pixel PR offers publishing and book marketing solutions for writers for a couple of years. We worked with many authors and now we want to help them by re-designing their websites. We want to help as many as we can, so here is what we are looking for:

1. Websites hosted on Wordpress
2. Websites that are at least one year old
3. Cluttered, unattractive, old-fashioned author websites that are not hosted on Wordpress, but you want to transfer it

There are many websites out there that don't do justice nor to the author and nor to his work. Not to mention that are many author websites that don't function well. It may seem an easy task: taking an eye-catching theme, throw in some content and designing a couple of images and a logo, but it's not and things don't always go as planned.
We are committed to create amazing author websites and we will focus on the most important aspects: growing your author platform and increasing your book sales. There are many aspects, which grab your readers' attention and keep them on your website. Things like 'add to cart' vs 'buy now' make a difference in sales and help you achieve your goals.
We want to build up new relationships with authors whose websites desperately need a facelift. In exchange, we are asking for a testimonial and a link from your website/blog to ours on the keywords 'book marketing services' or 'author website designs'.
In case your site is new and attractive, you don't qualify, but we are eager to make authors happy and help them as much as we can. So, if you know a fellow author that needs a new website, we ask you from the bottom of our heart to share this promotion on your Twitter or Facebook and let them know. These services are otherwise worth $200 (basic design) or $800 (complete design). You could also write a guest post on a writing website or on your own blog and announce everyone about this opportunity. However, it's not mandatory, it's up to you.

What's included:

- Website transfer, in case it's not hosted on Wordpress
- New template
- Social Media and Contact form integration
- Tips for growing your platform
- Goodreads and Amazon Widgets
- Up to 3 plugins that will make your life easier
- Header (we will also change those on your Social Media Accounts if you want)
- Logo

What's not included:

- Content - this is up to you. We will keep the existing content on your website

Important Note:

1. We will make your site fast, clean and simple. We will fix any problems and we will set it up to increase your book sales. Please don't email us asking for little changes that you think are good (you are the author, not the designer), we won't clutter your website just because you need things to POP. Most of the things won't matter and in the end we will be back to where we started - to an unattractive website with no or few sales.
2. Your website will be ready in 1 Week or even faster
3. If you don't have your own domain we can assist you with the domain registration and hosting.

To enter the contest just submit a REPLY by MARCH 31ST.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm a bit confused as to whether this is for a new site or just to redesign an existing site. If it's the latter, I actually don't have a site, so skip this entry. If it's the former, I'm in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I imagine my site is in real need of help so I'd love to enter, I do have a question though since I'm not sure if I'm eligible. You mention that the site has to be a year old in the rules- I've had my site for a little more than two years, but transferred my domain from Wordpress.com to .org less than a year ago so it looks like the site is really young. If it disqualifies me feel free to disregard the entry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robert Dahlen said:
I'm a bit confused as to whether this is for a new site or just to redesign an existing site. If it's the latter, I actually don't have a site, so skip this entry. If it's the former, I'm in.
Hello Robert,

It's for both. So, you are in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tiffanycherney said:
I imagine my site is in real need of help so I'd love to enter, I do have a question though since I'm not sure if I'm eligible. You mention that the site has to be a year old in the rules- I've had my site for a little more than two years, but transferred my domain from Wordpress.com to .org less than a year ago so it looks like the site is really young. If it disqualifies me feel free to disregard the entry.
Hi Tiffany,

Don't worry, we can manage that either way. I assume you don't have your own domain, right?

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SandraMiller said:
Please please please enter me. My website is a mess. I can make the mess, but I can't fix it :)
Hello Sandra,

:D it's good to know that you are an expert at making a mess. I think that we all are, in one way or another. We will fix the mess, don't worry.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm game. Trying to come up with an author site on my own right now anyways, and am struggling to remember all the htmling I did for fun 10 years ago...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CEMartin2 said:
I'm game. Trying to come up with an author site on my own right now anyways, and am struggling to remember all the htmling I did for fun 10 years ago...
Well, I'll make the site and you just focus on writing. How about that?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts