Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I got my kindle, my sister and I share books. She's too lazy to search for books and so whenever I'm done reading a book, she borrows it from me. But now that I have a kindle, she doesn't read as much since there's no more DTBs to borrow. So I bought a used one here and I hope she'll like it.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
What a great gift and what a great sister you  are.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My sister and I were in the same situation.  So...when I got my K2 I gave her my K1.  

It's going to be fun sharing books with your sister again.  

Hope you don't run into my problem. I have over a year's worth of books I've bought and so far that's all she's read.  It's going to take a while before I can borrow from her.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
libros_lego said:
Before I got my kindle, my sister and I share books. She's too lazy to search for books and so whenever I'm done reading a book, she borrows it from me. But now that I have a kindle, she doesn't read as much since there's no more DTBs to borrow. So I bought a used one here and I hope she'll like it. ;D
What a nice thing to do for your sister!

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's very generous of you, and I'm sure she'll be thrilled. I've certainly never received a gift like that from my siblings!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, thanks you guys! I'm getting the kindle tomorrow, so I'll update.  ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My cousin is baby-sitting mine, but she is hooked.  Only way I could get her to use a kindle was to "loan" it  :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surprised my sister with the kindle and she loved it. Hmm, she actually cried, she just didn't expect it I guess.  ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Very nice of you. While I have a 2 K1's, I purchased my sister a new K2. Gotta keep them happy right??  :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kind said:
Very nice of you. While I have a 2 K1's, I purchased my sister a new K2. Gotta keep them happy right?? :)
I did the same thing...bought a back-up K1 (because I actually like the shape of it), and gave the K2 to my sister (with full access to my account so she can go shopping among the pages and pages of books already there).

·
Registered
469 Posts
I guess I'm cheap. I showed my sister my Kindle and she fell in love with it. Instead of buying her one, I gave her an Amazon gift certificate to put toward buying one herself. She now has a K2. We don't share accounts though often I think it would be nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You are a sweet, sweet sister!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
What a super, fantastic idea libros_lego! You have inspired me. :) She's lucky to have a sister like you!

EllenR

1 - 20 of 24 Posts