Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put the Mighty Bright II directly above the Kindle, the glare is really bright. But if I put my Mighty Bright II at an angle, it's not bright enough to read the text. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you deal with it?

I love my Mighty Bright II for paperbacks.

What is the brightest book light?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I move it back from the left edge about 3/4ths of the way up and then I aim it to shine across the screen and it's a very nice softer light that way.  No glare.  I also make sure it's angled so I don't see the led lights at all, not even the edges. 

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I like the mighty bright - but I also bought a 2 LED Slim Light for $5.99 from Amazon and the light is fantastic - my only concern is the clip that holds it on the cover - it feels like it is stretching it a bit -- it lights the whole page without any real glare. 

·
Registered
615 Posts
rho said:
I like the mighty bright - but I also bought a 2 LED Slim Light for $5.99 from Amazon and the light is fantastic - my only concern is the clip that holds it on the cover - it feels like it is stretching it a bit -- it lights the whole page without any real glare.
rho, which light is that. Oh, I can go find it at Amazon. I think I saw it today, with blue-looking lights
and using a battery with 4 numbers?

I have set aside 3 of them to think about as lighter ones to carry when I'm out and about at night.
Am always open to more personal experiences with these things. I made a mistake and got the ''Zoom"
at Long's last year. What a waste of $10 !

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
artsandhistoryfan said:
rho, which light is that. Oh, I can go find it at Amazon. I think I saw it today, with blue-looking lights
and using a battery with 4 numbers?

I have set aside 3 of them to think about as lighter ones to carry when I'm out and about at night.
Am always open to more personal experiences with these things. I made a mistake and got the ''Zoom"
at Long's last year. What a waste of $10 !

Thanks!
here is a link to a page showing the lights -- it is the first one on the page - I got the blue one
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+LED+Slim+Light&x=0&y=0

I tried to find how to do the image thing but I kept getting knocked off .... sorry

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kindle Mommy said:
If I put the Mighty Bright II directly above the Kindle, the glare is really bright. But if I put my Mighty Bright II at an angle, it's not bright enough to read the text. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you deal with it?

I love my Mighty Bright II for paperbacks.

What is the brightest book light?
I position my Mighty Bright on the top left of the folded back cover and angle the goose neck so that it is shining from left to right across my page. Nice and bright this way and no glare on the screen. Reading in bed at night, never need to use the higher light setting. The lower setting is plenty. I think the Mighty Bright is the brightest and I have several other booklights.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I get a glare too.  :-\ But I don't have a cover yet, so I don't have anything to clip my Mighty Bright to. I clipped the light to my jeans (heh) and noticed a strong glare. I'm sure I'll find some angle at which it won't be so glarey.  ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I clip mine on the top right of my K2 and position the light so it's pointing about 45 degrees down and left to aim at the screen and I get no glare at all.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What DD said is what works for me... and I am an avid night-time reader ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have centered the MB 2 light on the Kindle case cover (folded back) and arch it right over then move it up to remove the glare.
It is centered the light and very balanced.

If there is a point of glare it is now "above" the Kindle.
Hence no glare.

I read mostly in bed, propped up (sitting in bed) and last night tried in on my side, kindle case edge on the bed, light position was still fine.

Not sure how to describe it but it was very easy to adjust this way.

Eric

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
rho said:
here is a link to a page showing the lights -- it is the first one on the page - I got the blue one
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+LED+Slim+Light&x=0&y=0

I tried to find how to do the image thing but I kept getting knocked off .... sorry
rho, how does that light clip on? Is it a squeeze open clip? If it's a slide on clip, does it clip on a cover (M-edge, Oberon, Amazon, etc.) easily without damaging the leather? I was wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DD said:
rho, how does that light clip on? Is it a squeeze open clip? If it's a slide on clip, does it clip on a cover (M-edge, Oberon, Amazon, etc.) easily without damaging the leather? I was wondering. Thanks.
DD

I have one like that. It does have a clip that can slide over the cover. Not sure if it would slide over an Oberon cover since it's thicker. The thing I don't like about it is that it takes those weird size batteries (the small round kind) not too easy to find.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
kevin63 said:
DD

I have one like that. It does have a clip that can slide over the cover. Not sure if it would slide over an Oberon cover since it's thicker. The thing I don't like about it is that it takes those weird size batteries (the small round kind) not too easy to find.
Yes, I was afraid that it wouldn't slide over easily or would break the plastic clip while doing so. I think I will stick with my favorite Mighty Bright.

The think I like about Mighty Bright is there is an available power adapter, so I don't have to use batteries at all when I read in bed or in my favorite chair. I just leave it plugged in at various locations around the house and I always have light handy. The cord is plenty long enough so that I don't even realize it's plugged in. I don't know of any other light that gives you this choice.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
DD said:
it's a slide on one - I don't worry about it damaging the leather as much as just breaking from the stress. I did find last night that I can clip it to the elastic on the top right corner of the m-edge cover by sliding it over the elastic pointing out I got a tiny bit of glare but not enough to bother me --

My only complaint wth the mighty bright is it does get heavy to me - like I said though I do love it and it will still get use but the little one will be my reading in bed at night one now

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know what? Apparently I have a "Mighty Bright".....but there is no number '2' after it, so maybe that explains why it doesn't seem bright enough. Is the MB2 much brighter than the original? If that's the case, I may just need to buy a new one!

Thanks to everyone for your posts. :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Kindle Mommy said:
You know what? Apparently I have a "Mighty Bright".....but there is no number '2' after it, so maybe that explains why it doesn't seem bright enough. Is the MB2 much brighter than the original? If that's the case, I may just need to buy a new one!

Thanks to everyone for your posts. :)
MB 2 has two led bulbs instead of one.
You can choose one or two bulbs to light up.

I haven't had the original, but I much prefer to read with both bulbs on the MB 2.

FWIW,
Eric

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait, I just looked at the pics of the Mighty Bright 2, and it looks exactly like what I have, with the 2 LED lights and the push-button top. I am confused.  ???

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kindle Mommy said:
Wait, I just looked at the pics of the Mighty Bright 2, and it looks exactly like what I have, with the 2 LED lights and the push-button top. I am confused. ???
Does yours give you the option to push the button a second time to go to a lower light level? Maybe that's the difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DD said:
Does yours give you the option to push the button a second time to go to a lower light level? Maybe that's the difference.
It does. It has two settings and the highest one is not bright enough, IMO. I must be a weirdy. LOL.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts