Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who responded to the review that shall have no name.  FYI to all who suggested I report it to Amazon: they would not remove it saying the review was within their guidelines.  I've made my peace with it having been seasoned to bad reviews when I was traditionally published and Kirkus, known for their tough reviews, gave me a scathing review for Best Friends.

More interesting, sales for the title have been brisk in the last few days.  In fact, I had the best month by far selling over 2300 books, the majority being Thinner Thighs and Best Friends both at 99 cents.  On that subject.  Best Friends sold over a thousand books in May and I can only attribute it to the 99 cent price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats! :)

Bad reviews can do wonders - just think of the all publicity that must have come from the huge backlash to the (ugly!) NY Times Review of 'Game of Thrones' http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/new-york-times-writer-bombarded-hate-mail-game-thrones-fans-26599

I actually find them a little reassuring - 100% good reviews can make people suspect that the author's just gotten all their friends on board to write glowing reviews. If you've got some negative reviews in there then you know that at least someone else's bought the book (The human mind... it's a dark, mysterious little thing, ain't it. lol)

....the fact that it's 1-star just becomes a reflection of the reviewer: either they're just nasty/vindictive by nature... or they really don't like the genre. In either case, it automatically makes me disregard the reviewers opinion.

---Monica

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Yeah. My sales picked up after I got a one-star for Dating My Vibrator.

The reviewer complains that the book jumps around so much, she had to put it down. (It's a collection of short stories.) LOL

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I love that too.. ROFL :}

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I am glad to hear that, and congrats for your numbers! The bad review worked.... not as the reviewer hoped; I guess it is called Karma  :)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Glad to hear it. I guess it shows all of your reviews are not family members or friends, right? Maybe it ups your street cred.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
-Monica- said:
Sorry, a book with vibrator in the title that "jumps around so much, she had to put it down" ?! ROFL :D
If it's jumping around that much, she should have gripped her Kindle between her thighs to hold it in place while she enjoyed the story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts