Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yay Steelers!!!!!

Has anyone heard how the player from the Ravens is doing?  I didn't hear an update before I went to bed.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Go Steelers!!  Woo hoo

Last I read about McGahee is that he has movement in his limbs and was neurologically sound. Hopefully he'll be ok. That was a heck of hit.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Suzanne said:
I'm from 25 miles east of Pittsburgh so you know I'm a happy camper today!
Happy here as well, and I'm 25 miles west.
debbie

·
Registered
835 Posts
KimmyA said:
Go Steelers!! Woo hoo

Last I read about McGahee is that he has movement in his limbs and was neurologically sound. Hopefully he'll be ok. That was a heck of hit.
That is good to know that the report is good so far. They said last night he was complaining of a very sore neck. But that could be whiplash. Mercy, the sound of that hit made my blood run cold.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hope it was just whiplash. When his left arm stayed in that one position so long and all the people were gathered around, I was afraid it was far more serious.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Oh my goodness!  Any Cardinal fans around??  ;D ;D ;D

I was rooting for the Steelers yesterday, and for the Cardinals - now I have a dilemma  :-\

·
Registered
860 Posts
Anju said:
Oh my goodness! Any Cardinal fans around?? ;D ;D ;D

I was rooting for the Steelers yesterday, and for the Cardinals - now I have a dilemma :-\
This is a dilemma for me too. I've lived in PA (Philadelphia area) but I have family in and my dad is from Arizona.

Now if it were the Eagles, there would be no competition. Or the 49ers - I've always been a niners fan but it seems almost impossible that they'll ever make it this far again. :'(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
This is the first Super Bowl in Cardinals franchise history.  It's hard not to want them to win. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I am rooting for the Cardinals for two reasons:

1. I have always been a Kurt Warner fan (love his story of how he made it to the NFL)

2. Since none of my fav NFL teams made it to the SuperBowl I have to pull for the underdog, Steelers have won the SB before and this is the Cardinals first trip

I pull for the Manning guys, Peyton and Eli because they are both SEC quarterbacks and Jason Campbell because he is SEC and Auburn (my school)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Suzanne said:
That is good to know that the report is good so far. They said last night he was complaining of a very sore neck. But that could be whiplash. Mercy, the sound of that hit made my blood run cold.
When they kept showing the hit in slow motion and as long as McGahee was down I was afraid of a cervical fracture. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw him move his extremities. Very thankful he is going to be alright.

G

·
I was actually predicting an all-PA Super Bowl. But I should have known better. The Eagles have actually invented new ways to lose the NFC Championship game. ::)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I live in Arizona...of course I want the Cardinals...you have to love Kurt Warner's story...and...the Steelers don't need another ring!!!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ravens running back Willis McGahee is expected to make a "complete recovery" from a fierce helmet-to-helmet hit in the AFC Championship Game that saw him carted off the field.

McGahee returned to his Baltimore home Monday after spending the night in a Pittsburgh hospital recovering from Sunday's collision with Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

The play occurred in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh's 23-14 victory, and McGahee was carted from the field on a stretcher.

"It is expected that Willis will have a complete recovery from the head and neck injuries he suffered last night," Ravens spokesman Kevin Byrne said Monday.
Glad he's ok.
Cowgirl said:
I live in Arizona...of course I want the Cardinals...you have to love Kurt Warner's story...and...the Steelers don't need another ring!!!
You can never have too many rings...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts