Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah! This is crazy... I've been stalking E Bay and Amazon for the past 3 weeks... I can't find a good price for a Kindle 1... I want to spend $200-$250.00... But the Kindle 1 is going for $275.00-$300.00... Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to get a Kindle ASAP, I'm craving for one lol...

PS: I also tried CraigsList and there's none in my area...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Do you have family or friends in other areas and you could check Craigslist for those areas?
Perhaps after DX comes out there may be some folks who will put their K1s up for sale.  Just a thought.
deb

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I agree with Deb,I think once the KDX's arrive in people's hands and they start talking about their new KDX's,there may be more K1's and maybe even K2's for sale used.
I hope you find your used K1 for a price closer to what you want to pay.
Good Luck :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Well I looked for quite awhile for my used K1.
I got mine after I got the K2.
After quite some time looking, I found one that had been used twice for $200.
They are out there,but they are not easy to find.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I know that one poster on here found one in Raleigh, NC for 150.00.  That's as cheap as anyone on here has ever reported. 
deb

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish you would have made me an offer of $250.  I just sold my K1 for $275 on Ebay.  With all the service charges and such, I will end up with about $250.  I would have been happy to not use Ebay and sell direct.  I hope other sellers will see this and consider lowering asking prices and forego Ebay.  I truly believe with higher end products that people bump up the prices because of the service charges they will rack up buying on Ebay and using paypal.  I just figured I lose about $25 with those charges.  I guess someone has to make a profit...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm sure there's a K out there for you.  I'll keep my eyes open, as I'm sure others will also. 
Where are you located, by the way?
deb

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I live in NJ... But like I said... There's no K1' in my area or any of my family members on CraigsList... I rather deal with E Bay and Amazon... I just gotta keep looking...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.
deb

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I haven't looked but have you posted a Wanted post in the Buy,Sell,Trade and Barter section here on KBs ?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Any time you're looking for something popular that's secondhand, you've got your choice of getting it quickly or getting it cheap. It's extremely rare to have both. You're on the low end of the price range for an in demand item, and that makes it incredibly hard. :(

I'm in agreement with the others, the DX being out so soon should help at least get more K1s & K2s out there. It's hard to say what the prices will be --I was surprised to see how much K1s are still selling for on the resale market.

There's one in West Seattle for $200: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/1195578468.html No idea if the seller is legit or if they'll send it by mail. The rest here are $250 and up, it appears.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Keep visualizing what you want & you'll get it, I'm sure!!!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My girlfriend called me today asking me how much I paid for my K.  She wanted to get one for her assistant.  When I told her the price she was a bit taken back.  She told me her sister got one back in October for 200.  I asked if it was new; she replied yes.  After some questioning, her sister was in the background, I was able to ascertain that her sister had gotten it with the Oprah discount.  Now, I think that would have put it at about 309, but I'm not sure if the 50 came off of 399 or 359.  Anyway, she then proceded to ask me about used ones, and I told her good luck.  I think people are surprised that they are holding their value. 
deb

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I saw that someone got one for $125 on here once, or maybe it was on the other side.  I got mine for $150 on Craig's List, so they do exist!  Just be persistant!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would post somewhere here that you are looking to buy a K1.  There are plenty of us who upgraded out here and are ready to sell.  I wasn't going to sell mine, but it was just sitting here.  I kept mine for about 3 weeks until I decided to let it go.  So, maybe a little time will tell.  Good luck!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I'm in agreement with the others. I think if you can wait the few weeks you will see quite a few k1's pop up at better prices after the DX release.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
drenee said:
My girlfriend called me today asking me how much I paid for my K. She wanted to get one for her assistant. When I told her the price she was a bit taken back. She told me her sister got one back in October for 200. I asked if it was new; she replied yes. After some questioning, her sister was in the background, I was able to ascertain that her sister had gotten it with the Oprah discount. Now, I think that would have put it at about 309, but I'm not sure if the 50 came off of 399 or 359. Anyway, she then proceded to ask me about used ones, and I told her good luck. I think people are surprised that they are holding their value.
deb
The Oprah discount was $50 off of $359, so it was $309 (and I paid tax on that). It was for a very limited time -- 1 week if I recall. I was torn about whether or not to buy it but I'm so glad I did. There haven't been any repeats of that promotion yet. It was at the end of October. Wasn't it in November that kindleboards took off with many more members? Funny that I didn't find Kindleboards until April of this year.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts