Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting tomorrow, we're going on a 6 day off-the-grid adventure in the Blue Mountains of Washington State.  No email, no internet, no cell phone service . . . nada!  

So, please keep the home fires burning  . . .  Would hate to come back and find that the Kindle Boards had fallen apart without me :)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
We can bump thios every day to keep the memory fresh.

Don't forget the toilet paper, toothbrush, flashlifght and bear repellent.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sarah Woodbury said:
Starting tomorrow, we're going on a 6 day off-the-grid adventure in the Blue Mountains of Washington State. No email, no internet, no cell phone service . . . nada!

So, please keep the home fires burning . . . Would hate to come back and find that the Kindle Boards had fallen apart without me :)
Good for you. It feels great to take an offline trip. I need to have an offline "staycation" just to get this blasted book finished. :)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're actually going to Camp Wooten, which is an environmental camp in the mountains, so there are actual bathrooms/showers and a dining hall.  Tenting though.  My husband's family is all coming (21 of us), so should be completely wonderful and nobody is going to have to drag me away from my computer to talk to me :)  We've gone every year at this time for 9 years.  It's always funny to see the jitters people get when their cell phones don't work, but after a couple of days they've detoxed and time slows down . . .

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Sarah Woodbury said:
We're actually going to Camp Wooten, which is an environmental camp in the mountains, so there are actual bathrooms/showers and a dining hall. Tenting though. My husband's family is all coming (21 of us), so should be completely wonderful and nobody is going to have to drag me away from my computer to talk to me :) We've gone every year at this time for 9 years. It's always funny to see the jitters people get when their cell phones don't work, but after a couple of days they've detoxed and time slows down . . .
Go! Have a wonderful trip. We're like a soap opera - you can leave for awhile but catch up in no time.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a great trip and I didn't even bring my laptop.  Who would have thought I could go six days without the KDP!  And my sales didn't come to a grinding halt until  . . . this afternoon?  Ha!  Serves me right for even checking :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just came back, too. It was surprisingly easy to actually take a break from checking everything. Okay, it wasn't THAT easy, but it was good. :) Hope your vacation was as nice as mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts