Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to go to a spot in a book without hitting 'next page' or 'prev page' continually?
I want to go to the last chapter in a book I finished reading, and the only way I know of is to go page
by page, which takes way too long.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Click on Menu then go to the Table of Contents and then to the last chapter of the book and click on it.  That should take you to the chapter without having to hit all those next page buttons.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Click on Menu then go to the Table of Contents and then to the last chapter of the book and click on it. That should take you to the chapter without having to hit all those next page buttons.
If, that is, there is a table of contents for the book. I'm not sure all books have one, do they?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Most of the books I get have a "linked" Table of Contents (TOC). If you click on menu when a book is open, there should be a choice labeled Table of Contents. Choose that and you can navigate from there. On occasion that choice is grayed out; in some of these instances I've found that by navigating to the actual TOC screen; I can still navigate the book from there.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Either:

Go to Table of Contents, then select the chapter you want (only works if a TOC is included)
Go to location.... and enter a location number reasonably close to the end (which is listed on that screen)
Click the location bar, then hit Next Page, which will move you 10% of the book at a time.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you go to the menu while in a book, I know there is an option for "go to beginning" or "go to cover," but isn't there an option for going to the end?  I don't have my Kindle with me, so I cannot check.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
mwvickers said:
If you go to the menu while in a book, I know there is an option for "go to beginning" or "go to cover," but isn't there an option for going to the end? I don't have my Kindle with me, so I cannot check.
There isn't an option in the menu to go to the end of the book. You can do it with just one extra step by choosing "Go to Location" and entering the last location.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Starmaker said:
Thanks to everyone for the information. I now know how to find
my way to a certain passage if there's a TOC.
You can also jump forwards or backwards through a book by pressing "alt" + Next/Previous page. (It's the same 10% that you would get from using the location bar).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.