Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada and sadly don't have the ability to download without being hooked up to a computer. Since I'm going to Buffalo tomorrow I'll be turning on that lovely little button and download all the books I ordered today. Now I just hope that Buffalo has signal.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You are going to have so much fun! 

It sounds like you already ordered the books on Amazon.  Make sure you get a book, or at least a sample, from the Kindle itself.  It's just magical.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in Niagara Falls, works fine here.  You shouldn't have to wait until you get all the way to Buffalo... Sprint isn't the most reliable network in this area, but you shouldn't have any problem unless you are deep inside some building. Just make sure you bring your charger with you, having the wireless on sometimes eats alot of juice.  Are you shopping or working?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shopping of course..lol. Even with our dollar as bad as it is, the sales over there right now are amazing. I was there once this week already and totally forgot about bringing the kindle but now with my new Coach messanger bag that retails for $480 here and I paid $98 in the US, I can carry the Kindle everywhere. Well, at least that's how I'm justifying it to the hubby :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
ha ha! Not really.... hmmm... We do have a Sears and a Bon-Ton, and a handful of mom-and-pop retail stores, but that's about it. I was only asking because I own the Subway in the food court there, and we joke around that we only get the Canadian shoppers who get lost, and once they find out there aren't any stores in here, they buy a sub and ask for directions to the Galleria!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's too funny. There's a huge billboard that shows an arrow to the Summit mall and it makes it seem like such a huge mall..lol. I don't go to the Galleria either, way over priced and all the stores are meant for teens it seems to me. My 15 yr old loves it though. Thanks for the heads up. Only on a kindle board can you find people bonding over their first downloading experiance and shopping.

·
Registered
137 Posts
madrye said:
I live in Canada and sadly don't have the ability to download without being hooked up to a computer. Since I'm going to Buffalo tomorrow I'll be turning on that lovely little button and download all the books I ordered today. Now I just hope that Buffalo has signal.
Enjoy your maiden voyage on Whisper Net! I missed this momentous event -- let my husband take the Kindle into WhisperNetLand without me. But, I was on the cell phone speaker and got to listen in. We were both amazed at how fast the download was ... less than a minute for 8 books!

Glynnis in Northern California (1.5 hours from WhisperNetLand)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
bosslady said:
You've probably been to Prime Outlets, Boulevard or Galleria Mall, but have you ever gotten lost and ended up at Summit Park Mall by mistake??
I live in Arizona now but lived 40 years in Buffalo...I remember when the Summit Mall was better than the Boulevard Mall...times have changed.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Just had breakfast with friends from Buffalo and they are going home to order one NOW - hopefully will be in Buffalo when they get back in May.  ;D  She has problems reading and absolutely loves the font changer.  Yea another kindler!  ::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts