Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comments on Tiger coming back almost a year before his surgeon says he should?  Or how about Phil finally being tied for the lead after three crappy starting tournaments this year?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Well you do know what Tiger's bud says about Phil  ;D

I think Phil's problem is he has lost so much weight he needs to adjust his swing and no one has bothered to tell him that!

I think Tiger is smart enough if it does not feel right he will quit, but maybe he is getting low in $ and needs to go back to work  ::)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm... you haven't seen Phil this season.  He not only gained the weight back, but ate the skinny Phil.  And he needs to re-adjust his swing again.  We can see the nipples of his ginormous man-boobs through his shirt now. :(

Which is why he is having a horrid season so far.  Until this tournament.  It is, admittedly, the easiest course on the PGA tour, but I'm very happy to see Phil doing well for a change.

Tiger could never play again and retire a billionaire.  I absolutely do not understand his coming back for the Accenture WGC match-play Tourney #1.  Unless he is convinced he'll not have to play more than 11 holes/match.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Ummm... you haven't seen Phil this season. He not only gained the weight back, but ate the skinny Phil. And he needs to re-adjust his swing again. We can see the nipples of his ginormous man-boobs through his shirt now. :(
I'll admit yesterday and today he looked chubbier but the first tournament I thought he looked like he had kept his weight down, but I was reading my kindle while watching so maybe didn't pay that much attention ::)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anju said:
I'll admit yesterday and today he looked chubbier but the first tournament I thought he looked like he had kept his weight down, but I was reading my kindle while watching so maybe didn't pay that much attention ::)
If I didn't love golf so much, I'd rather Kindleread than look at Phil's fat man-nipples too.

He is currently the fattest he's ever been. And can't seem to figure out why his old swing doesn't work.

Male vanity, I guess. "I'm not fatter--my underwear all got smaller in the wash!"

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Any comments on Tiger coming back almost a year before his surgeon says he should? Or how about Phil finally being tied for the lead after three crappy starting tournaments this year?
I'm a big fan of Tiger Woods', can't wait to see how many tournaments he wins this year!

Go Tiger :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I think Tiger had to come back to satisfy his sponsors.
I have really loved watching golf with Tiger out of the picture. It gave everyone else a chance for once and we got to see a lot more golfers who are very good in their own right but hardly ever make it on TV. Now I'm not dissing Tiger in any way, just sort of tired of seeing him all the time. ;D
I actually got to get out today and do 9 holes...weather was beautiful for the Northwest in February and boy did I need the exercise! 8)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have only been around people playing golf when I worked golf tournaments that our church sponsored and mostly I just drove a golf cart around and took pictures. The only time I ever watched anyone "play golf" was working as an extra in the movie Tin Cup.

I take that back... I did see the movies Tin Cup and Caddyshack (1 & 2) and Happy Gilmore, but I don't think that really counts as watching golf. :D I do think I would like to learn to play though...

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Tin Cup is golf.  An argument can be made that Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore are, patently, NOT golf. LOL ;D

Though my husband went to college on a caddy scholarship since he'd caddied all through HS, and he said Caddyshack is actually pretty true to life. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I was at the FBR watching from the 16th hole on Superbowl Sunday.  That kicks off the golf  season for me.  Did anybody see the new Tiger family pictures  that were released this week?  His kids are gorgeous!   

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Cowgirl said:
Did anybody see the new Tiger family pictures that were released this week? His kids are gorgeous!
So are his pups ;D

I'm a pup person if you can't tell :eek:

I love golf, but I am also anxiously awaiting baseball! My team depends on who I get to watch playing ::)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anju said:
one off the record woohoo

can hardly wait until tomorrow - and ol' dumb butt Rory messed up woo hoo
LR kept giving me a hard time all afternoon. "Sure, Phil's doing well. It's only Saturday. Wait until tomorrow and his patented Sunday choke." :mad:

Good thing for her I love her so much.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The doc told tiger it would be 8 months to a year .  not 2 years before he could play golf again.  Tiger's right on schedule.  And I feel sorry for the rest of the field.  Tiger doesn't enter a tourny unless he thinks he is going to walk away the winner.  And from some reports I've read, his short game is now on another plane of existence since he was only able to take shortened swings for about 6 months before he moved to full swings over the last 2 months.  Look for a record breaking year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thejackylking said:
The doc told tiger it would be 8 months to a year . not 2 years before he could play golf again. Tiger's right on schedule. And I feel sorry for the rest of the field. Tiger doesn't enter a tourny unless he thinks he is going to walk away the winner. And from some reports I've read, his short game is now on another plane of existence since he was only able to take shortened swings for about 6 months before he moved to full swings over the last 2 months. Look for a record breaking year.
Ummm... his doc said 18 months, not 8. He was supposed to sit out this entire season.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The 18 month quote was how long it would take the knee to be 100%.  8 months to a year the doc said he would be about 80% or better.  Considering that most football players only take 3 to 5 months off before they get back into the game I don't think Tiger is in any danger.  He says that his bones aren't moving around when he hits and he isn't feeling any pain.  The biggest difference between football players and golfers is simply the fact that football players don't have as much rotational stress as golfers do.  That is why they are usually back in the game so much quicker.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
It has been interesting without Tiger, just glad I live in the age to see him.  We need to go to Colima and DH insists we not go next week end - wonder why  ???

Well I am afraid I have to agree with LR, but who knows what will happen!  Already starting, at least Freddie is up there, he's a pretty good guy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts