Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the one for $9.99  Says Oct 29, 08 and the 3.19 one on Sep 22,08?

thanks

theresam

·
Registered
326 Posts
He explained this once before and if i remember right amazon listed it as 9.99 but he wanted it cheaper so amazon listed it cheaper but left the other one up there anyway. I think thats what happened. Same book though.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
I apologize for the confusion. Lizzy's essentially right. I have cautioned people about this on my Amazon Connect page but I don't think anyone reads it.

Other than some slight formatting difference, the two books are identical. The dates mean nothing. Both editions were updated a couple of weeks ago within minutes of each other.

Amazon picked up the Mobipocket version, listed it and set the price at $9.99. The price I set for the Kindle version was $3.99. I’ve contacted Amazon several times about the issue and they always apologize and tell me that it will be removed but it never has been. The last time was a few days ago.

The formatting differences make the $9.99 version a few pages smaller because extra linefeeds are ignored by Mobipocket. Trying to use Kindle locations to find typos between the two versions has proven to be problematic.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for response.

Thanks Jeff. Gotta love Amazon  :eek: ;D I was thinking it may be formatting and wanted to make sure the less expensive one wasn't poorly formated or missing something. I'll go ahead and grab that copy then.

Thanks again

Theresam

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know Jeff you'll never make any money this way LOL. But I won't complain  ;D  off to PM you

theresam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts