Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes!  Already had one that's about 12 years old.  He's also a rescue.

We are out of the "hissing" phase now, I believe.  lol

They are both fixed and neither one is de-clawed.  Yay!  One male and one female.  Both tuxies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on your new furry friend.  I have a rescue cat as well and soon will be bringing a puppy into the mix but my cat was raised with a dog so I am hoping it's a smooth transition but she is a spitter and can do so with accuracy, she is declawed but has rear claws and knows how to use them.  I keep showing her the toys I bought for the puppy and when she seen the dog bone she rubbed it and them bumped my leg with a purr maybe she understands! 

here's to hoping your two will be fast friends in no time! 

Keep me posted,
Carrie

·
Registered
684 Posts
Congrats!  I love getting new pets.  I have three rescue cats.  One is a "talker".  She announces herself when she enters a room and if I talk to her, she talks right back.  The other two are very quiet...kind of timid.  I wonder what kind of personality your new kitty will have? 

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Con-CATSulations!  :p  It's always interesting to see the dynamic change when a new family member enters the picture. Hope all goes smoothly--I generally recommend sequestering the "new" pet for a time just to give the "resident" a chance to get used to the notion. Let me know if you have any issues that I could help with. (I've got the new CAT CRAZY call in radio show now  ;D )

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amyshojai said:
Con-CATSulations! :p It's always interesting to see the dynamic change when a new family member enters the picture. Hope all goes smoothly--I generally recommend sequestering the "new" pet for a time just to give the "resident" a chance to get used to the notion. Let me know if you have any issues that I could help with. (I've got the new CAT CRAZY call in radio show now ;D )
hahaha....first, to Prairie......

She is a squeaker. lmao
She squeaks.

They are fine. Wood floors are too funny. They crack us up.

Zing!! Slide!!!! Whoooooooosh!!!!!!!!

Milk rings are the best cat toys. Ever.
(The little plastic ring that comes off of your water or milk jug)

They still don't love each other, but we're working on that.

:)

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for adopting a rescue cat!  My avatar photo is of the cat I rescued from a shelter here last August.  I've now signed up to be one of their volunteers!

Yes, milk jug rings are wonderful and so are ping pong balls (although they are more preferred by kittens).

Have fun.  Introducing cats is such fun...  ::)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spotsmom said:
Congratulations and thank you for adopting a rescue cat! My avatar photo is of the cat I rescued from a shelter here last August. I've now signed up to be one of their volunteers!

Yes, milk jug rings are wonderful and so are ping pong balls (although they are more preferred by kittens).

Have fun. Introducing cats is such fun... ::)
I've got one street kitty (way old) and one shelter kitty (less than a year)

They are both black and white

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
CatherineM said:
hahaha....first, to Prairie......

She is a squeaker. lmao
She squeaks.

They are fine. Wood floors are too funny. They crack us up.

Zing!! Slide!!!! Whoooooooosh!!!!!!!!

Milk rings are the best cat toys. Ever.
(The little plastic ring that comes off of your water or milk jug)

They still don't love each other, but we're working on that.

:)

Having them play together--or in the same room--helps enormously so they recognize and associate a benefit with the other cat's presence. "Hey, when S/HE is around, I get to play with the ring-thingy!"

Sounds like a prime youtube op, LOL!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congratulations!  I've had siamese cats (most rescues) for over forty years.  Currently have three.  Unfortunately, my avatar cat passed away in November at age 8 of congestive heart failure six weeks after diagnosis. 

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Sad phone call this morning from one of my dearest friends--her 8-year-old kitty Punky got a double whammy diagnosis of kidney failure and kidney failure. *sigh* Meanwhile my Seren-kitty Siamese wannabe is 16 and still going strong. In fact, she's paw-patting my arm at the moment to make me stop typing and pay attention to her.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Amyshojai said:
Sad phone call this morning from one of my dearest friends--her 8-year-old kitty Punky got a double whammy diagnosis of kidney failure and kidney failure. *sigh* Meanwhile my Seren-kitty Siamese wannabe is 16 and still going strong. In fact, she's paw-patting my arm at the moment to make me stop typing and pay attention to her.
That is sad news... My kitty, Charlie is around nine and going strong.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Holly said:
Congratulations! I've had siamese cats (most rescues) for over forty years. Currently have three. Unfortunately, my avatar cat passed away in November at age 8 of congestive heart failure six weeks after diagnosis.
Sorry to hear of cat's passing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts