Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I need your help! I need a bookstand/bookrest for my Kindle DX. I thought about getting the M-Edge Platform Cover, but I'm not really interested. I've heard some board members mention the Peeramid pillow, and it looks as though that's what I want for when I'm reading in bed. It looks so nice and soft. But, I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas? TIA!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
You could probably use a paper stand for typing or computer data input.  Leslie posted on another thread that she had a old stand laying around and put her DX on it so she could read it more confortably.  You can get them at office supply stores., I would think that they should be relatively inexpensive.  I use a folding wire book stand that I purchased at Barnes & Noble with my KK and it even fits in the Borsa Bella Travel Bag with my KK in Oberon cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a Book Gem after seeing the thread about it and it works great, love that it folds flat so it is easy to take with you. Great for when you want to use it on a flat surface.  My mom uses a picture easel that we got at Hobby Lobby for just $2 or $3, and it works well also. I also have a Peerimid that I use on my lap when I read and love it as well. I think it depends on how you want to use it. Jeni

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Here are pictures with the copy holder I had in my office, as well as the Peeramid pillow. Both work very well.

L

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggestions! I was thinking of getting a Peeramid pillow for when I'm in bed, another one for when I'm on the go. The Book Gem looks like a nice idea. By the construction of it, it looks as though it would hold the weight, but I am a little nervous to try it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my Faux leather Peeramid when I read at home. It's a tad more masculine than most of the other designs. Not that a guy propping his reading material on his lap on a pillow can look too manly, but every little bit helps. :cool:.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think when I get my paycheck, I'm going to order a Peeramid pillow. I already have THREE BB sleeves on the way, along with a screen protector, and an OCTO case. I way too much Kindle DX stuff - after all it's only been 3 days. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts