Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in a different thread, but thought it timely for a November rec.

Thanksgiving: The Pilgrim's First Year in America

Excellent book. Well researched. Great background in the Prologue about what was happening in Europe politically and spiritually at the time. It's considered to be a real scholorly work so about as good as you can get.

Also, it's only 99 cents. I can't believe how awesome the Kindle is. I would have paid so much more in print. My only gripe, the conversion didn't bring over commas and quotation marks correctly. There is some other symbol used that bugs me a little, but for the content, conveinience and price I really can't complain.

I'm about 8 chapters into it now and find it a really interesting and easy page turner. Great build up to Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving: The Pilgrims' First Year in America

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I bought it when you first mentioned it. I figured it would be great to supplement what DD has learned in school about Thanksgiving, plus she loves history. I might get around to starting it if I can ever get off the forum :p

·
Registered
829 Posts
at 99 cents.....  I could not pass it by...  1-click is just too dang easy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm over half way into it (around Chapter 13 I guess), and am just amazed by what these people went through.

I sit here in my office and it is a bit chilly. I can put on my jacket or crank on my portable heater. They were ALWAYS wet and not just wet but often in wet clothes that had the water freeze so it was like wearing heavy armor.

I am to the point where it is March, and they still don't have a good settlement. It seems like every other day a spark lights up the roof of the common house or the hospice structure and they are just thankful no one died in the fire only to find out someone died during the night.

The real story truly is amazing. I'm glad others are enjoying it. It is timely right now in November and is probably the best 99 cents I've ever spent. Thank you Amazon and Kindle!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the Recommendation I just went and bought the book. It sound like a good book to read.

Jodi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts