Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last one!

Cover lovers! Let's hear about your POSITIVE cover designer events :)

How about cover designers.

What about you? Did you have your cover designed? What was the process like? How'd they do? Did you bring them the stock or did they find it? Were they easy to work with (or maybe, where you *wink*)? And of course, how was the pricing?

PLEASE NO SELF-PROMO

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had Karri Klawiter at artbykarri.com do a couple covers for me last year when my regular cover artist had some personal issues and she did such a great job I had her redesign a slew of my previously released books as well. She's easy to work with, very reasonably priced, and seems to be able to work magic with whatever I ask for.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I do my own. I've gotten better at it over time, hence I've updated a couple of titles more than once with refined, and just better, versions. The newest one (far right on the sig) is my peak so far I think. I feel like I'm pulling it off, even though many here have disagreed many, many times :p.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Okay cool.  In the past I've worked with Carl Graves at Extended Imagery and I absolutely love his work. Unfortunately I think he's only making premades now.

My latest cover was built by Mallory Rock (malloryrock.com) and she was an absolute joy to work with. She's a bit higher on the price scale than some others I've seen post here on KB, but I found her to be lightning fast with concepts and revisions and I'm exceptionally pleased with the results. Will definitely be sending her more work in the future.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rick Gualtieri said:
Okay cool. In the past I've worked with Carl Graves at Extended Imagery and I absolutely love his work. Unfortunately I think he's only making premades now.

My latest cover was built by Mallory Rock (malloryrock.com) and she was an absolute joy to work with. She's a bit higher on the price scale than some others I've seen post here on KB, but I found her to be lightning fast with concepts and revisions and I'm exceptionally pleased with the results. Will definitely be sending her more work in the future.
ooo!! I love his work too! They're so amazing. I saw the Bill the Vampire one on his examples--absolutely loved it!

G

·
Ruecole, who posts here, does excellent work. The cover she made me for Iron Bloom is great, and check out the AMAZING one she did for Iron Flower (upcoming).

THE ROSY ONE! Also, credit to JRTomlin as always for helping me pick a cover designer.

·
Registered
816 Posts
glutton said:
Ruecole, who posts here, does excellent work. The cover she made me for Iron Bloom is great, and check out the AMAZING one she did for Iron Flower (upcoming).

THE ROSY ONE! Also, credit to JRTomlin as always for helping me pick a cover designer.
Is that... Tommy Wiseau?!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I have a long list of spectacular cover designers I've worked with. All of them have been prompt and fairly inexpensive, and all of them turn out awesome work. (In fact, so far I haven't had a single bad experience, which says something about the professionalism of most of the artists who hang out here.) They include Littera Book Designs, CarolCover's Designs, Phycel Designs, LFD Designs for Authors, Go On Write (aka Humblenations), Erin Lark, eBook Indie Covers, and Book Cover Art. I have a bad premade habit, to the point where I really have plenty of covers to carry me through 2014-- but alas, that doesn't stop me from buying more. Too many talented artists on these boards!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Renu did my husbands cover and did a wonderful job. She took in things that he was looking for and ran with it. Found a picture that would work but ended up having to contact the model to make sure that there wouldn't be issue with usage. Not only that but was professional and worked quickly. I would highly recommend her. http://www.thedarkrayne.com/

I've bought some pre-made's for my own work from Kalen O'Donnell. Great work. Got back to me quickly and was even kind enough to wait on the title until I was ready.
http://art.kalenodonnell.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts