Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had much experience with Goodreads advertising? My ad got some got clicks in the first week and had a CTR of 0.04%, which I have read isn't bad. But since then, the clicks have been dismal. Now, out of 31233 impressions, I've had just 10 clicks. So my CTR is now 0.03%.

I have optimised it for clicks, so I'm not paying unless I get click throughs, but I wondered if this is a fairy typical pattern and what others have done to improve the CTR? I've tried changing the ad slightly and giving it a stronger call to action.

Anyone have any ideas about how to maximise your GR advertising?

·
Registered
882 Posts
To fully maximize your return there,  ask for a full refund !  At some point in 2012, GR admitted via email that its ad campaign was not functional.  Same symptoms were evident:  no clicks,  dismal viewing. 

Its "targeting" feature as of 2012 was not functional either.  If ads are not displayed it's probably tough to target who sees them...  ;)

There is an old thread or two about GR advertising, if you care to search.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
I have the highest number of ad views when I set it at the lowest cost per click and do not target.

That said, it was going great in January, but Amazon hasn't registered any sales in February, even with a click through rate of .05.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
I'm having plenty of clicks in February, just zero sales, according to Amazon. At the same ad click thru rate as January.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts