Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think you need to contact Goodreads support to get an author page. First you might want to check for other authors with the same name and consider putting your middle initial in there. It's mildly annoying when someone else's book gets assigned to your profile  :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Linda Castillo said:
yes! thanks!

It sent me to a link to submit an application to the Author's Program. Hopefully this will work. Not sure how long it takes before I'm approved.
Yay! Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
All you have to do is go to Goodreads, scroll down to the bottom of the main page and click on the link that says "author program".  Then just follow the instructions.  Easy peasy.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Harriet Schultz said:
Linda,

I'm not sure, but you may not show up in Goodreads' database as an author until you publish your book.
Good point. I don't think Goodreads will add you if you don't have anything published.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You will need a jpeg of your covers. You cannot upload from Amazon, etc. I'm finding my way around that site too. Very complicated, but the reviews there are significant.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
They generally want you to have published something (as in that gets you through very painlessly) but they don't make you have a book out, because they recognize that people write books before publishing them. Also useful on Goodreads is librarian status, also something you can request. I use it to add the books for myself and for my brother.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Keep updating your title as you get closer, each new information (I haven't seen it with changes yet, like old to new cover) get published to your friends/fans - this is powerful stuff. Several writers in amazon's top 10 the last couple of months did it with goodreads programs.
If your book is in Romance/any-sub (your profile said you're writing PNR) and if you run any Select promotions you might like joining this group: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/84278 to announce your free days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts