Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I have a day job and can't keep up on all the threads. :( If this is old news I apologize.  I just noticed on goodreads today, that I could upload my ebooks and set them for free.  Readers can download the books right from goodreads.  You can also set the level of how much they can read of an ebook for free.  I have my first book perma-free and just thought this was another way to get the word out.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have two books available for free, one of which is the perma-free in my siggy. I had ~25 downloads over a couple months, none since I updated the file a few weeks ago. I think the early run was because I had posted that it was available AND I mentioned it in a print book giveaway I ran. They stopped taking new seller's accounts months ago. I just don't think folks really see GR as a place to get books. Ironic, but... there you have it (or at least one tiny datapoint).

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
I have uploaded free excerpts to all my books on Goodreads. The mechanism is not working right now, though. Hasn't been for the past few days.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Nice thread. I've been a Goodreads author since 2010, but haven't been active on their site since joining here two years ago. Those of you trying their free ebook giveaway,  please keep us posted with your progress, as my interest has been piqued. Thanks!  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts