Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree with the other post that says you should list your book as a giveaway with goodreads.com. My first book, False Witness, is listed now (five copies) and I have almost 700 people registered to win.

However, my question deals with listing your book as an ebook with goodreads.com. Has anyone done this? What success have you had? How easy are they to deal with? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Not sure if I read your question correctly, but so far as I know, ebooks are not allowed to be used in the Goodreads book giveaway program. However, Goodreads does have a wonderful feature that allows you to upload an ebook directly to their site so that GR members can download and read it for free. I know a few authors who have done this and am currently considering uploading one of my ebooks as well. But keep in mind that once you upload an ebook, there is no way to remove or change the book. So this is a feature to be used with caution.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can't do it on Goodreads, but you can do it on LibraryThing. I recently did a giveaway there for my e-book and got at least a half dozen reviews across different sites out of it. I'm getting ready to do the same for my latest release.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Speaking of library thing, how do you get your book listed in their database?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Kathelm said:
Speaking of library thing, how do you get your book listed in their database?
Books usually appear in their database automatically. However, you can manually enter the data for any book including uploading book covers and adding metadata for ebooks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry, I just realized that my question wasn't clear. I'm talking about selling your ebooks on goodreads.com as opposed to giving them away. I've read their terms and conditions, and they say they pay 70% commission, but the other poster was correct--they are very strict as far as making any changes once you post it. And they only pay quarterly, and then only if you've had a minimum of $50 in commission. So my questions are for anyone who has sold ebooks on goodreads.com and what your experience has been. Thanks.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just listed mine on Goodreads for sale.  They say they pay the same rate as Amazon and let you choose the retail price.  I'm interested to see how it works.  The process was simple enough, at least so far.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Larry Buttram said:
I'm sorry, I just realized that my question wasn't clear. I'm talking about selling your ebooks on goodreads.com as opposed to giving them away. I've read their terms and conditions, and they say they pay 70% commission, but the other poster was correct--they are very strict as far as making any changes once you post it. And they only pay quarterly, and then only if you've had a minimum of $50 in commission. So my questions are for anyone who has sold ebooks on goodreads.com and what your experience has been. Thanks.
Huh - strict about changes, really? I hadn't noticed. *frown* I'm sure I've uploaded new copies of an ebook... *ponder*

I have four books up on Goodreads. 4 sales, 10 downloads of the freebie. I wasn't expecting much, though - it's not particularly obvious to people that a) they can buy books onsite and b) how on earth to do it. But I (slowly) 'epload' :D my books to Goodreads so that people who use that functionality can buy my books that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts