Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious whether this happened to anybody else with Goodreads ratings.  Since about October my book's summary in my Author Dashboard has been showing ratings steadily accumulating, but the ratings themselves were nowhere to be seen on my book's page.  When a reader actually wrote a review it would show up, but simple ratings without a review remained invisible.

Today, they all appeared at once!  It's like Goodreads was constipated and came suddenly unstuck.  I'm thrilled, since all those mystery ratings that have been torturing me for months are almost entirely fours and fives (yay!), but wtf??  Has this happened to anybody else?  Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
ElHawk said:
Today, they all appeared at once! It's like Goodreads was constipated and came suddenly unstuck.
LOL! I don't have any insight into the problem, but I wanted to chime in to nominate the above as simile of the day. :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yes, they are all screwed up with their cache.  There is a way to update it manually, edit your book, and on the right side there's a link that says refresh book ratings.  Then they all reload.

Although I tried it today and I still can't see the review that was posted last night.  Unless that was just catching up with another review that was posted a few days ago. Who knows?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I hate to be so negative, but I've NEVER had good luck with Goodreads problem resolutions (to the point where I don't even use them anymore). I'm surprised the problem actually "righted" itself. Congrats  :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah the ratings seem slow to catch up to the dashboard and sometimes the percentages don't make much sense to me. But that could be my screwy maths  ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts