Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GooglePlay - price not changing and missed the BookBub ad deadline. Ughh!!

I've got a BookBub ad running today and had set price everywhere in advance.
I didn't notice the original price still showing. However, the updated price does show, but only when clicking the Buy button.

It's the strangest thing. I've never seen that happen before.
Sadly, BookBub dropped GooglePlay from my buy options in the ad.  :'(

Anyone else see this happen with GooglePlay?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Weird.  I've never had a problem with them lowering a price.

Raising a price, OTOH, is a massive pain with them. 

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick Gualtieri said:
Weird. I've never had a problem with them lowering a price.

Raising a price, OTOH, is a massive pain with them.
Changing price has never been a problem - nearly instantaneous, which is helpful because of the strange price matching you have to do to get the correct value.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Brian Spangler said:
Changing price has never been a problem -- nearly instantaneous, which is helpful because of the strange price matching you have to do to get the correct value.
I've had issues with them pricing matching an Amazon sale, then being stuck at that price because they're pricing match Amazon's price but now Amazon is pricing matching them too.

Usually the solution is to raise Google's price through the roof in response to kind of force the issue with them.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick Gualtieri said:
I've had issues with them pricing matching an Amazon sale, then being stuck at that price because they're pricing match Amazon's price but now Amazon is pricing matching them too.

Usually the solution is to raise Google's price through the roof in response to kind of force the issue with them.
I think what is starting to occur are good old race conditions.
It'd be one thing if the price didn't change at all, but to have it show as 99 cents when clicking through is super frustrating.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saul Tanpepper said:
Happened to me the last time I did a BB ad. GP adjusted but didn't show it. Really chapped my hide. Now I know to go in a few days before and change prices, then follow up to make sure the changes are on the actual book pages.
That's two so must be a bug on Google's side.
BB ad went out so nothing I can do now. Bummer.
Hopefully folks here planning a BB can learn from this… check early and even test a sale to make sure the price changes from front to back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts