Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister and best friend gave me the Kindle 2 for my birthday! So now I'm thinking of using the kindle 1 (still on its way) when I'm going out, riding the train, etc. and just keeping my kindle 2 on my bedside table for more serious reading (am paranoid of losing it).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
libros_lego said:
My sister and best friend gave me the Kindle 2 for my birthday! So now I'm thinking of using the kindle 1 (still on its way) when I'm going out, riding the train, etc. and just keeping my kindle 2 on my bedside table for more serious reading (am paranoid of losing it).
Oh my goodness, when it rains, it pours! Aren't you lucky! Congratulations....

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
libros_lego said:
My sister and best friend gave me the Kindle 2 for my birthday! So now I'm thinking of using the kindle 1 (still on its way) when I'm going out, riding the train, etc. and just keeping my kindle 2 on my bedside table for more serious reading (am paranoid of losing it).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU!!!  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
You have a great sister! Happy Birthday!!
Yes, I know. I thought she wouldn't get it for me 'cause I was always saying, "All I want for my birthday is a Kindle." and she would say, "Stop saying it around me. It's not like I'm going to get it for you." But she did. I love her. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
wow what a great gift and it sounds like a great plan to use the KK out and about - while leaving K2 home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Happy Birthday!

You owe yourself a little present... get thee to DecalGirl/Oberon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
akjak said:
Happy Birthday!

You owe yourself a little present... get thee to DecalGirl/Oberon!
Haha, I already bought a skin and borsa bella bag (got both of them 'cause of this forum ;D) for it. I don't think I can afford the Oberon cover. But I want one so I can smell it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,566 Posts
Awesome  ;D Happy birthday to you!

The Spouse Thingy's bday is in a month and I'm seriously considering getting him one...only problem is delivery. He'll see the Amazon box when it gets here and *know* what it is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Thumper said:
Awesome ;D Happy birthday to you!

The Spouse Thingy's bday is in a month and I'm seriously considering getting him one...only problem is delivery. He'll see the Amazon box when it gets here and *know* what it is...
If you have a next door neighbor who is a good friend, try this:

1. Explain to her what you want to do
2. Have the K2 shipped to her
3. After it arrives, have her call you and then wrap the K2
4. Bring it back to your house and present it like any other present to your spouse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
BruceS said:
If you have a next door neighbor who is a good friend, try this:

1. Explain to her what you want to do
2. Have the K2 shipped to her
3. After it arrives, have her call you and then wrap the K2
4. Bring it back to your house and present it like any other present to your spouse
That sounds like a good idea. Or you could have it delivered to your work (as long as you don't work from home/you and your spouse don't work together, lol) and wrap it there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
libros_lego said:
My sister and best friend gave me the Kindle 2 for my birthday! So now I'm thinking of using the kindle 1 (still on its way) when I'm going out, riding the train, etc. and just keeping my kindle 2 on my bedside table for more serious reading (am paranoid of losing it).
Happy Birthday! I got my first Kindle for my birthday in June, 2008. Best gift I ever got!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Thumper said:
Awesome ;D Happy birthday to you!

The Spouse Thingy's bday is in a month and I'm seriously considering getting him one...only problem is delivery. He'll see the Amazon box when it gets here and *know* what it is...
You could always tell him ahead of time that a package from Amazon is coming and it's for someone else. They're just having it delivered to your house to keep it a surprise for their partner. :) Of course, that only works if they're not nosy like my other half is and ruin the surprise.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top