Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next week or two, we are likely going to reach the milestone of having our 3,000th member join us. How shall we celebrate this?!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Another give away?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Give-away sounds good to me as well--how about 3,000 Amazon pennies?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, intinst - maybe so. We do have another contest/giveaway coming up, which we'll be announcing on April 2. But maybe we could do a quickie giveaway on the day that member #3,000 joins us.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The gift card idea sounds good, 3000 pennies! ;)

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Well I think that the 3,000th member should be made to feel special (you know embarrassed).  Just like they do in brickandmortar stores - highlight the person on the opening page and such.  And have sparklers and throw confetti .... and have margaritas (see I can be taught).  Introduce them immediately to the enablers over on the accessories thread.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
geoffthomas said:
Well I think that the 3,000th member should be made to feel special (you know embarrassed). Just like they do in brickandmortar stores - highlight the person on the opening page and such. And have sparklers and throw confetti .... and have margaritas (see I can be taught). Introduce them immediately to the enablers over on the accessories thread.
Also not bad. I could go with it.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Woohoo 3000 members, can't wait!!!

Another gift option would be a free Kindleboards t-shirt!  We've got some great ones....

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kathy said:
Amazon gift card is a great idea. Everyone can use that. Maybe give away a Kindle?
Hey, the site is doing well but not *that* well...!!! We'll get there though... I promise you that.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
geoffthomas said:
Well I think that the 3,000th member should be made to feel special (you know embarrassed). Just like they do in brickandmortar stores - highlight the person on the opening page and such. And have sparklers and throw confetti .... and have margaritas (see I can be taught). Introduce them immediately to the enablers over on the accessories thread.
I like that.

With my luck, though, member #3000 will be a spammer... LOL

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Betsy the Quilter said:
Woohoo 3000 members, can't wait!!!

Another gift option would be a free Kindleboards t-shirt! We've got some great ones....

Betsy
Maybe we can give the lucky member 3,000 a Kindleboards shirt, and then give a random member here an Amazon gift certificate... just "because".

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Harvey said:
Maybe we can give the lucky member 3,000 a Kindleboards shirt, and then give a random member here an Amazon gift certificate... just "because".
Love this idea. That would be such fun for the 3000th member. :)

1 - 20 of 163 Posts