Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I already figured out how I can make it better, with no visible seam on the side of the inside. So I'll be making another ::)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I used some felt weight interfacing.  i ironed it onto the green interior fabric, then sewed all three layers together.  The next time I would make a tube within a tube and make the only exposed edge on the bottom of the inside.  I'm thinking of putting a snap to hold it closed as well.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My sister made a cover for my daughter's Kindle. She quilts, so she used some quilting batting to pad it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
that turned out great - now you can have one to match all your clothes ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just bought some double-sided quilted fabric on a great sale (ridiculously expensive otherwise) to make a case for my Kindle.  I already have an Amazon cover so I don't need much padding - just something to keep the purse fluff out of it.  I'm going to put a zipper in the top.  If you sew at all, there are lots of options out there. 

BTW, I've been envaluating all my purses and shopping with Kindle potential in mind.  I think it's a sickness...and more contagious than the swine flu.  ;)

KH

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love it! I'm going to make one but with a flap to keep out backpack bunnies. ;D

BTW, I've been envaluating all my purses and shopping with Kindle potential in mind. I think it's a sickness...and more contagious than the swine flu.
Does the CDC know about this yet? ???

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Always helps to save money when you are crafty. You might be able to make you own and sell them to some people. Take requests...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheerio said:
Always helps to save money when you are crafty. You might be able to make you own and sell them to some people. Take requests...
I am not that good at sewing. And I suck at follow through, so a small business is not a good idea. The person who did the tutorial should do them, though! her sewing is very nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts