Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first payments from both Amazon and BN. It's the first time I've ever been payed for writing anything. Feels pretty good, I don't care (at the moment) that it's not a lot of cash. eBooks are forever. I'm like a real boy!  ;D

·
Registered
156 Posts
well done. I should imagine I will be that giddy when i (if ever) manage to get mine.. keep it up, its great news

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
It is exciting. It's not the first time I was paid for my writing, but it is exciting anyway to know that this is the first of a growth. More novels, more payments down the road...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, everyone. It's a lifetime goal of mine. Ever since I read the first Dragonlance book when I was in middle school, writing a book was my goal. To get paid for doing something you love is the best.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
ed_marrow said:
I got my first payments from both Amazon and BN. It's the first time I've ever been payed for writing anything. Feels pretty good, I don't care (at the moment) that it's not a lot of cash. eBooks are forever. I'm like a real boy! ;D
Not only are you a real boy, Mr. Pinocchio, but you are a real writer. Congrats!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi ed!

I know how you feel! Yesterday I´ve received my first payment too!

I took the cheque (I live in Spain, no bank tranfers are allowed outside the US), and for an instant I got a strange feeling: Like if I were a diferent person, like if I´ve evolutioned into a different profession.

Like if I had found my place in the world...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts