Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Oberon with corners today, I was so exited. First it took me forever to get it into the corners, I had a horrible time getting it into the bottom right one. Then when I finally manage to put the left top corner on it presses down onto the previous page button. So much so that I cannot fold it back. If I fold it back it kind of lifts up the Kindle, don't know how to describe it. It presses down totally and of course I end up who knows where.

Am I the only one having these issues? I can't use it like this. I am a bit dissappointed to say the least.

Anyone else with the corners have those issues?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Atunah said:
So I got my Oberon with corners today, I was so exited. First it took me forever to get it into the corners, I had a horrible time getting it into the bottom right one. Then when I finally manage to put the left top corner on it presses down onto the previous page button. So much so that I cannot fold it back. If I fold it back it kind of lifts up the Kindle, don't know how to describe it. It presses down totally and of course I end up who knows where.

Am I the only one having these issues? I can't use it like this. I am a bit dissappointed to say the least.

I have the sky dragon w/ corners and I haven't any issues with the corners or folding it back. Have you tried emailing or calling the company?

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't. They don't have a return policy which I totally understand. The corners look fine and do look like the pics as far as I can tell. Not sure what emailing could really do. I just don't see how the top left one cannot push down on the button. I am just trying to figure out if I need to do something. Do I need to stretch the leather? Just confused here. :(

I have the tree of life, don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh thats frustrating, I would give them a call. They should walk you through this, or maybe there is some issue with the cover.
Good luck with this!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My Oberon corners were already loose enough.  I did not need to do any stretching.  My M-edge, on the other hand, does fit a bit tight and takes some wrangling to get the Kindle in and out. 
But the fact that the corners are that tight to begin with is not a good thing.  I would definitely call them and explain the situation. 

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a total phone phobia, I hate hate hate calling. I guess I have to send them an email. I am just having difficutly explaining it right. I am pretty upset I have to say. I cannot use it this way. It looks like the pics, but its so tight the bottom right one doesn't really cover the a button.

I definately have to wrangle and no matter what I do, the previous page is getting completly pushed down. It doesnt look tight, but it lifts up the kindle when I open the cover, its very thick and very stiff.

Lately I am not having much luck with anything it seems :(.  I was so looking forward and thats a lot of money to be out of. Don't know if I can even sell this to anyone. Gosh I just hate this. Its so pretty. :(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have not heard any bad reviews on their customer service.  Perhaps it just did not get cut to the right measurement.  Definitely send an email if you do not want to place the call.  They are a small company and rely on the good recommendations of others.  I'm sure they'll want to help you out. 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Their customer service is great. Don't be afraid to call, they're VERY, VERY nice and will go out of their way to make it right for you.

I do know that somw of the first ones that went out had some issues with the corners, although I think it was the upper right. I don't have the corners myself, but I don't think they should be that tight.

They well let you return something if there's something wrong with it. Please don't feel like you're stuck with it.  ;D

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the customer service is great. Although I hate calling, I did have to call this week because my tracking number didn't match what it was being shipped too.

I just send a email. I think I am to upset right now to call. I don't have a car so I can't get around if I need to send it somewhere, that's another thing that's upsetting. Hasn't been my week I guess :(

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Atunah said:
I know the customer service is great. Although I hate calling, I did have to call this week because my tracking number didn't match what it was being shipped too.

I just send a email. I think I am to upset right now to call. I don't have a car so I can't get around if I need to send it somewhere, that's another thing that's upsetting. Hasn't been my week I guess :(
Please keep us updated, I ordered last night with corners. :eek:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Atunah, I have a cover with corners too. Let me offer you a few tips and see if this helps.

Take the Kindle out of the cover and put it in bottom first, while it's turned off or sleeping of course! When you have the bottom correctly positioned, the corners should partially if not completely cover the alt key and the aa/font size key. If it's not secured properly on the bottom, you might have trouble getting the top corner on properly.

As for the top corner, it'll be a little hard to do, but just tug it gently over the top corner of the Kindle. It shouldn't press down on anything, or hug it too tightly.

If that fails to work, absolutely talk to customer service about it. It's a very nice company and although they have a no-return policy, that has nothing to do with if your item is defective! They've also exchanged Kindle covers for people who wanted a new design that came out within weeks of buying theirs, so don't worry about talking to them.

Tell me if that helps, okay?

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am having a hard time just getting it into the bottom straps. The right A button is not really covered be the strap, I can't get the Kindle in any farther without fearing I break it. Only a slight corner of the A button on the right is covered, not all of it.  Because its so tight there it lights the top half of the kindle away from the cover and that makes the strap totally press down on the page button. I didn't want to wrangle anymore as I am afraid to break the Kindle. I just don't see how there is any way, even with the top strap being more lose how I would not press down on that button. I can hear the click as soon as I just open the cover and of course there is no way to hold it or put my hand in it as its already pushed down at that point. The cord on the right I can't really use either as it messes alittle with my right page button.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I feel sure they will send you another or a refund. I would be freaking out too, to be so excited and then disappointed. Just take a deep breath and try to relax...I know, easier said than done.  :) We'll be waiting for an update.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The Kindle is sturdier than you might think it is. When I get home I'll take a picture of mine in the cover, with emphasis on how the bottom looks.

These are handmade, so it's very possible that the corners on yours might not have been made long enough. If that ends up being the case, it's definitely the fault of Oberon Designs and they will replace it for you.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just ordered mine last night and I'm sure a lot of others did also with the new designs. I'm sure that they will do everything they can to help you. I would be disappointed as well. We are pulling for you. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Additionally, I should have originally said that it will partially or completely cover the alt & aa buttons, rather than just completely. I have amended my post to reflect that.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
When they sent me out my new cover (I'm one that had the butterfly come out as soon as I ordered the tree of life) they mailed it to me with a return label. You can call UPS and they'll pick it up. No need to go anywhere.

If you're not happy with the corners, maybe you can request they mail you a replacement with velcro instead.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is how it should look:

My picture cuts off the right corner but you should get an idea on how it shoud be.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
When they sent me out my new cover (I'm one that had the butterfly come out as soon as I ordered the tree of life) they mailed it to me with a return label. You can call UPS and they'll pick it up. No need to go anywhere.

If you're not happy with the corners, maybe you can request they mail you a replacement with velcro instead.
I'm so glad you told her that. I was wondering if the UPS offered that service.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Atunah said:

I have the Tree of Life, and I do not have this issue.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts