Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup... I got my K1 around 12:30 today... I've been reading on it non-stop, and the battery is a little over a half left... Of course I did go on the internet for a little bit... I love it! I've already transfered 2 manga books using the Mangle program for the Kindle... The writing is very readable depending on the type of manga you transfer... And it's perfect... Also downloaded the KindleGuide from Feedbooks.com/mobile and downloaded a book... Very easy to use...

So if you haven't seen any of my replies yesterday, now you know why... Too busy playing with my Kindle :p

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congrats MWLT! How do you like the oberon cover?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That's great! Congratulations. Where did you get the K1? It's a great reader and there's no doubt you'll enjoy it!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I love the Oberon Cover. I'll probably use that extra velco strip that came with it lol...
Harvey I actually got the K1 from Kathy... Her daughter wanted to sell it, and so Kathy sold it to me... I'd give Kathy a 5 star rating, if there was a rep point system lol... ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That is probably the biggest surprise of this board for me - - how many trades and purchases go on in the Buy, Sell, Trade Board. That's great.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I see alot of stuff in that section... However this transaction took place in my topic "Going Crazy Finding A K1" when I was having a hard time finding one... And then Kathy came along with her offer...  ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great  ;)  Happy reading, I love my K1  :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I got a question... I registered my Kindle, and it still has a warranty till November... Yet I noticed under the Warranty Section on my account it is blank... Is this normal? I thought I should see a Date or something... For when it expires... This is strange...

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
If you did not buy it directly from Amazon, they probably don't really know.  They can look it up by serial number, to confirm, but won't do that unless you ask.  So you should call Kindle CS and make sure they have the info in case something goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
MagicalWingLT said:
Ok I got a question... I registered my Kindle, and it still has a warranty till November... Yet I noticed under the Warranty Section on my account it is blank... Is this normal? I thought I should see a Date or something... For when it expires... This is strange...
I just looked and the warranty section is blank on mine too. Kind of strange. I'm so glad you like it. That was the main purpose of selling here on the board. I really wanted it to go to someone that would love it. I'm glad you like the cover as well. One other thing, the spare battery may need to be charged. They say to store them with half a charge and I didn't think to check on that.

My daughter Marcy got her new K2 on Tuesday and she is in love with it so everyone is happy. :)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
The warranty section might refer to if you bought the extended warranty. MAybe someone with a K2 or DX who bought the extended warranty can tell us what it says there.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Crash, I bet that's right. . . .the DX I ordered is shown as my second Kindle.  I did NOT purchase the warranty and there is nothing listed in that column for it.  I'd noticed it before but didn't connect it to MWLT's question. . . .

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boy you'd think Amazon would be able to update the warranty auto... I did e mail them about it so I should get a response withing 24 hours... My sister and her family will be coming over to the house on Saturday... I'll be showing them the Kindle  ;D

·
Registered
321 Posts
The warranty section is blank on my k1 and I don't have the extended warranty. I just purchased a used k2 and it came with the extended warranty and in the warranty section there is the number for it. So I think that space is for the number for the warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts