Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to my K2 "Sally"...but while out at the mall with my family my mother-in-law calls asking how to look something up on craigslist....after about 5 minutes of telling her what to do i said hold on while i find it for you....sat down in starbucks at the mall took out Sally and found it in a minute.....emailed the info to her and all!....like i said gott alove this thing! ;D

ok sorry just had to share my giggle moment for the day... ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So you guys actually like the browsing experience on the Kindle?  :eek: I prefer my laptop or blackberry for that.  ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I've only tried a couple of times. It was to much trouble for me, but it is nice knowing that you can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the browser for quick checks of email. I don't have a blackberry and I can normally check email quicker on the K2 than it takes to power up the laptop. Trying to do regular "browsing" is just too slow on it though.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I don't browse on mine.  I did while on the train to NJ on Christmas and couldn't get into gmail, even though I could log into google.  Also tried reading the NY Times online with it, but became impatient with it and bought a copy of the kindle edition.  I have K1.  Does anyone who has had both K1 and K2 know if the K2 has easier browsing capability?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Kind said:
So you guys actually like the browsing experience on the Kindle? :eek: I prefer my laptop or blackberry for that. ;D
I hate it, the thing is wayyyy too slow. I will keep using my iphone for that, thank you.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Once you get used to its flaws, intricacies, limitations and tricks to use to navigate webpages, the Kindle is a pretty capable web browser for text intensive sites.  I use mine to read blogs a lot and had to use it several times for quick and panicked runs to sparksnotes to study up on a story I forgot to read for a quiz that day.  It's definitely clunky, but not really all that slow considering.  I'm happy with what it can do and will use it before using my phone (Verizon Voyager) because the phone is just way too slow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have used it a few times...i have tmobile sidekick lx and could have done it there but had MIL on the phone while i looked...it was good for the on the spot but i am unsure of actual browing..havent done it yet... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts