Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need graduation present ideas for my youngest sister-in-law who is graduating from high school in May.  (Yes, one of those mid-life surprises way younger then the other children.)

She is oddly not interested in having a Kindle (we love her anyway).  She already has a laptop and an ipod touch, so she's set on school electronics.  I'm not sure if she wants a printer, her roommate may have one, and the colleges today have printers all over the place for student use.  My husband refuses to do cash or a gift card, he wants a tangible item.  We bought her an opal necklace for her 18th birthday, and I thought about getting her earrings to go with it.

I would like some other ideas. 

Lara Amber 

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Digital camera?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
LaraAmber said:
We bought her an opal necklace for her 18th birthday, and I thought about getting her earrings to go with it.
Would you adopt me?

Is she headed for College? Something for a dorm room - fridge, microwave, bus pass, stuff for her room.
My daughter wants jewelry, she would like to get something she "wants" and not everything she "needs". So the earings might be a good idea.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
How about a spiffy new wallet...loaded with cash & gift cards. That was one of my son's favorite gifts; he actually needed a new wallet, but he was a starving college student, and gift cards for food and incidentals were always welcomed. Cash was his favorite thing, though ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Forster said:
Digital camera?
If she's going away or living in the dorm for college, a digital camera is a great idea. Capture those fun moments in a new life. lol.

I know that the iPhone has a decent camera in it, but from what I heard it doesn't take video. One thing about having a digital camera, it can also take video. My family loved the video tour of my dorm room.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Does she wear a watch? I am a watch-wearing person and I always love getting a new watch as a gift. In fact, that's what my mother is getting my son for his 21st birthday which is coming up in a few weeks.

L

·
Registered
921 Posts
LaraAmber said:
I need graduation present ideas for my youngest sister-in-law who is graduating from high school in May. (Yes, one of those mid-life surprises way younger then the other children.)

She is oddly not interested in having a Kindle (we love her anyway). She already has a laptop and an ipod touch, so she's set on school electronics. I'm not sure if she wants a printer, her roommate may have one, and the colleges today have printers all over the place for student use. My husband refuses to do cash or a gift card, he wants a tangible item. We bought her an opal necklace for her 18th birthday, and I thought about getting her earrings to go with it.

I would like some other ideas.

Lara Amber
When my nephew graduated from High School, I gave him a cell phone and told him I'd pay for the service for a year. I also told him if he went over his minutes he had to pay for that. He only did that once, then he realized I meant it. He liked it and thought it was a great gift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.