Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was reading about publishing books and problem that writer facing. Then, I found an article discuss mistakes that author does when writing his book. Mistakes such as, signaler/plural, past/present and grammar of-course. In my case, My Arabic language is perfect. English is good. Deutsche is zero. I paid $5 to a translator to translate my English text to Deutsche. I really don't know what she wrote! but I count in her feedbacks. So, as a book for kinds, is't fine to have 1 or 2 mistakes? Is it a common thing to see in short stories?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
M.Omer said:
Hi,
I was reading about publishing books and problem that writer facing. Then, I found an article discuss mistakes that author does when writing his book. Mistakes such as, signaler/plural, past/present and grammar of-course. In my case, My Arabic language is perfect. English is good. Deutsche is zero. I paid $5 to a translator to translate my English text to Deutsche. I really don't know what she wrote! but I count in her feedbacks. So, as a book for kinds, is't fine to have 1 or 2 mistakes? Is it a common thing to see in short stories?
The occasional typo, sure, most people will give that a pass. But there are four corrections needed in just your first sentence, and people will not give that a pass. Most especially, I would think, when it comes to books that are going to be read by kids just learning to read.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
M.Omer said:
So, as a book for kinds, is't fine to have 1 or 2 mistakes? Is it a common thing to see in short stories?
No to both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.