Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this detailed breakdown of Smashwords v Bookbaby. As I wade into these waters from selling info products and 3 books with the old guard I am devouring all this web based info. And feeling my way along. Thank you for all the awesome info you folks are sharing. Learning at your knee here. Suzanne

·
Registered
773 Posts
I fail to see how anyone can make legitimate comparisons when one site charges nothing, and the other charges for everything.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I've been hanging out here too long, because I find myself getting more suspicious each day.  I used to always take things at face value.  But after reading the article, and seeing the comments by the man who runs BookBaby, I suspect this may be a bit of stealth marketing.  There have been threads here about BB before and I think most steer clear. Just be careful, whatever you decide.

·
Registered
783 Posts
BookBaby could be a great service, but their setup fees and yearly fees and fees for changing anything about the book are ridiculous. $50 so I can change my blurb or price? I don't think so.

If you want a service other than Smashwords, and there are good reasons to want to use another service, I suggest Draft2Digital. That's who I use. No setup fees. Monthly payments. Daily reporting. I use them to sell through iBooks. They take 15% instead of the 10% of Smashwords but I also get timely reports and payments. I sell on Smashwords to get to Smashwords and Sony.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts