Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After measuring my DX with the cover and searching the internet all weekend, I finally ordered and received a perfect size bag today. It is the Keen Oswego. I pretty much always carry a bag to work instead of just a purse/handbag, but I wanted something that closed and had more protection for my Kindle instead of an open top tote bag. I wasn't comfortable taking my Kindle to work until I discovered this bag. Happily, eBay had the best price that I could find online.

(Added image links -Admin.)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Burque said:
After measuring my DX with the cover and searching the internet all weekend, I finally ordered and received a perfect size bag today. It is the Keen Oswego. I pretty much always carry a bag to work instead of just a purse/handbag, but I wanted something that closed and had more protection for my Kindle instead of an open top tote bag. I wasn't comfortable taking my Kindle to work until I discovered this bag. Happily, eBay had the best price that I could find online.
Do you have a link or a picture? What is the product name?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
DD said:
Do you have a link or a picture? What is the product name?
Yeah, I would be interested in knowing what it looks like. Glad you like it. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just Googled it, and found it. Looks very nice. Kind of like an oversized messenger bag. Not much my style, but glad you found that it works for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss09/bags/unisex/blvd/oswego/orion%20blue%20-%20brittany%20blue
here is the color that I found on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keen-Oswego-Shoulder-Messenger-Bag-White-Orange-NWT_W0QQitemZ350206123122QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Backpacks?hash=item5189e95c72&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

The first link is the official site for Keen products. You can change the color when you look at it on this site. I found other colors on zappos.com, ebags.com, eBay, and even Amazon. I found one in a retired color for $45, which is a much better price than the list price of $70 on the Keen website. The eBay seller that I just purchased mine from on Monday is zgiftsusa-online. I would definitely recommend doing business with them.

Pretty much if you type in Keen Oswego to your favorite search engine you will find lots of sites... Thank you for asking about it some more. I'm not very good at posting pictures and links, so please bear with me! :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That's neat looking, I probably wouldnt use something that large as a seperate Kindle bag for a few reasons. but it does look handy and gender neutral as well. If you get it let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I think it would fit more than just the KDX, although I haven't done the math for the dimensions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to use it for a lot more than just the Kindle. I needed a bag that would hold all my stuff as I go to work and my Kindle too... I work at a university, so I didn't need anything too fashionable (anything goes where I work, thankfully).  I'm also going to use it when I travel. That is part of the reason I chose one of the smaller Keen bags.  I did not want a really heavy carry on.  I usually opt for a back pack or something with wheels. I have never really used a messenger, so it will be interesting to see if I stick with the "strap over my head thing".  The strap is adjustable on this bag, and I might be able to shorten it and just use it on one shoulder without going over my head.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great bag.  I have two of these, its my everyday bag.  I don't carry a purse, I just take my stuff in this and leave it in the car, taking whatever I need at the moment out of it.  Its hard to do that with a purse and not attract attention that I'm leaving my purse on the seat of the car.  The things I love most about this bag are the rubberized bottom (I can set it down in bathrooms without having to worry about it getting gross), and the strap stays on my sloping shoulders.

Its good to know that it works well with a dx if I ever decide to order one.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
That looks like a very nice bag and I know it's very well made (I have several pair of Keen sandals). I also like that the bag has some recycled materials in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts