Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say this is a great community and I have learned a lot from many of you.  I hope to share in your success someday and I can already see a difference in sales from the advice given to me on these boards. 8)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I agree. I'm grateful for the positive posts that teach others how to succeed as a self-published author.
I too knew nothing about self-publishing before I found  Authors' Board, Writers' Cafe, and I take from it what I feel suits my work. Always discovering a new gem of wisdom  here that makes it worth reading on a daily basis.
Thank you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris Fox said:
I definitely have to echo CJ. I had no a clue what I was doing when I started, but learned a ton here. From books I should read to land mines I should avoid, this place is a treasure trove of great info.
Chris,

Tell me more about these land mines :eek:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Chris Fox said:
From books I should read to land mines I should avoid, this place is a treasure trove of great info.
And sometimes we step on the landmines anyway, don't we, Chris? ;)

I'll second (fifth? seventh?) everything that's been said here. This place is an awesome community, and pretty much everything I've learned about self-publishing I learned here.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Chris Fox said:
I definitely have to echo CJ. I had no a clue what I was doing when I started, but learned a ton here. From books I should read to land mines I should avoid, this place is a treasure trove of great info.
+1. And Hi!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Totally agree! I lurked here for a year before hitting "publish," and I don't have a lot of regrets or "should have dones" because of the generosity here with sharing knowledge.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Chris Fox said:
+1 from me as well :)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I agree. I love this place. You guys are like my work colleagues and my life would be much more lonely (and have a lot less laughs in it) without you all  :-*

Of course just like any work place, there are always those colleagues you have to roll you eyes at  ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
CJAnderson said:
Chris,

Tell me more about these land mines :eek:
We've all had them at one point or another in the learning curve. Mine was an experience I had at Library Thing very early on in my newbie-ness. I was just starting to dip my toe into the world of book discussion groups and was quite unfamiliar with working with dashboards. Somehow, in the process of trying to put my book image in my information, I checked the wrong thing and put my book's image as the representative picture for the entire group's discussion. Let's just say the email I got from the moderator was anything but nice. I sent an email back apologizing and explaining it was an accident. I'm still not sure if he believed me! Anyway, there are a million ways to make mistakes as you go along and we all make them. You just learn from them and move on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I want to add my voice to our shoulder patting  :D
This community is fantastic and supportive, and it's great to be a part of it

·
Registered
128 Posts
cadle-sparks said:
Totally agree! I lurked here for a year before hitting "publish," and I don't have a lot of regrets or "should have dones" because of the generosity here with sharing knowledge.
I only wish I'd known about this place prior to releasing my own book two years ago. But now that I do, it has become one of the first recommendations I make to other writers who are looking for both education and support. It's one thing to hang out on sites like Goodreads with other readers, but nothing beats talking shop with folks who understand both where you are and where you're coming from.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Walter Spence said:
I only wish I'd known about this place prior to releasing my own book two years ago. But now that I do, it has become one of the first recommendations I make to other writers who are looking for both education and support. It's one thing to hang out on sites like Goodreads with other readers, but nothing beats talking shop with folks who understand both where you are and where you're coming from.
Great point about Goodreads. I did the same thing before coming here. Night and day difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts