Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
That looks like a great deal and my booklight (old, not purchased for my Kindle) died last week so I need a new one.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I would love to get a flat light.  It would fit so much better in my Kindle bag.  The last flat light I got didn't light up the whole screen.  The light on this one looks much larger and should work okay. 

I think I'll wander around the stores to see if I can find one.  I really don't like dealing with e-bay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gertiekindle said:
I would love to get a flat light. It would fit so much better in my Kindle bag. The last flat light I got didn't light up the whole screen. The light on this one looks much larger and should work okay.

I think I'll wander around the stores to see if I can find one. I really don't like dealing with e-bay.
I found one in Staples, but it only has 2 LED lights. The ones on EBay have three, and are brighter. I also forgot to mention that there's a high and low setting.

Berni

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
bernilynn said:
I found one in Staples, but it only has 2 LED lights. The ones on EBay have three, and are brighter. I also forgot to mention that there's a high and low setting.

Berni
I know this is a good deal. I've been burned on e-bay, and I don't want to set up a paypal account again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a similar one - purchased at Barnes and Noble, but I was not happy with it.  The lights flickered with any movement, and it did not stay in place.  Still, I used it for a few weeks - only to have it completely die on me after about 4 or 5 total hours of reading time. 

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, bernilynn.  I just ordered one.  It may not be perfect, but I won't be using it all of the time.  I just need something flat to keep in my purse.  For the price, might as well give this one a try.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
traceyreads said:
I had a similar one - purchased at Barnes and Noble, but I was not happy with it. The lights flickered with any movement, and it did not stay in place. Still, I used it for a few weeks - only to have it completely die on me after about 4 or 5 total hours of reading time.
This is the light I found on EBay (cheap):

http://www.greatpointlight.com/book_light-3led.html

It is NOT the same as the one I bought from Staples- it's more solid and, as I said, has 3 led lights.

Berni

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a note that this uses button batteries. Some people are OK with that, but I tend to stay away from them. I prefer either AAA or rechargeable.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I bought the serpent light at Barnes and Noble and hated it. It only had a single bulb and it was not bright enough. Yesterday I bought the rayovac double bulb book light that either clips on or hangs from your neck. It also uses 3 AAA batteries that you can replace. I used it last night and I loved it. I got it at walmart in their book section. You can see it here http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/rla3aaa.shtml

1 - 12 of 12 Posts