Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

first hello! im new from the amazon boards. just received my kindle today. actually looking forward to a long and fulfilling relationship with it. very excited!

any recommendations on websites that carry nice leather kindle covers? really dislike the one it comes with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i saw that there are a lot of people who are happy with m-edge. i was just hoping to find leather covers that have the feel of being worn in a little...like what a leather bound book would feel like. i will search around! thank you for replying! :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Tracy, welcome!

I am an M-edge person myself, but I hear that Oberon is coming out with a Kindle cover in the next month. Anyone here have the link to the Oberon website? I think someone posted an Oberon email.....

Leslie

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I ordred this one off Amazon, I am more into cute than leather, and thought this one was pretty unique. They had some other
patterns and also what looked like leather in black and may another color. The company is called Bobarra...

Bobarra accessories on Amazon

I should get it tomorrow and will report back on the quality.

·
Registered
146 Posts
amyb said:
Here is a leather cover that I've asked my husband to get me for Christmas...

http://www.noreveusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=2172

Someone posted a link on the Amazon forum but I haven't heard from anyone that actually has one.

Amy
I like these ones! Quite possibly because the website says San Tropez...

There's a place that's full of danger
Not a good place for good girls
It's a place that's full of strangers
Watching you, wanting you...

They do look pretty nice though.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
In the next few weeks Oberon design is coming out with the Kindle cover. Here is the website, the designs have not be released yet but its worth a try, their things are amazing!!

http://www.oberondesign.com/

·
Registered
240 Posts
I too really like the look of the Stylz Cosmo cover but I'm a bit leery of trying it without having read any reviews. My issue with the m-edge cover was largely the bulky spine, so I'm going to take a closer look at the Noreve option too. That said, I really don't have a problem with the stock Kindle cover; I just want to accessorize.

If anyone has a personal review of the Stylz covers, please share!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
well mine came today and so did my Kindle!!! Yippee.

I really like the cover overall. The color of the interiror is different from the photo though, but I like it okay.
It's well padded, light and the Kindle fits well. It is moderatley easy to get it in and does not move around or seem like it
will fall out. It has a magnetized closure which I also like.

Drawbacks, no access to on/off & whisper switches and I could do without the pen holder, which just hampers access to the Kindle.
I am feeling I will use this mostly to store my Kindle & for when I am out and about with it. I think at home, I prefer reading
with no cover...

I also have to say, I think it is overpriced (49.99), by at least $10 or even $20 dollars. If there were more choices that I liked, I probably
would not have bought this one.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures.  I was curious about the closure.  I think I would like a magnet closure as well, but I'm not sure I like the size of the closing flap.  I currently use the m-edge which can be folded backward and the little flap tucks in its slot in reverse.  Can you do that?  Just wondering. :)

Ann

·
Registered
829 Posts
RovingSoul said:
amyb said:
Here is a leather cover that I've asked my husband to get me for Christmas...

http://www.noreveusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=2172

Someone posted a link on the Amazon forum but I haven't heard from anyone that actually has one.

Amy
I like these ones! Quite possibly because the website says San Tropez...

There's a place that's full of danger
Not a good place for good girls
It's a place that's full of strangers
Watching you, wanting you...

They do look pretty nice though.
OK. I don't like this one. Not because it isn't a nice looking cover - but because the Kindle in the photo has red letters on the e-ink page and we all know it is only black The photo was doctored to color the text and that just bothers me.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Leslie~
It is blue, but I was referring to the photo in the ad, that I posted previously that shows more of a copper background.

Ann

No, I don't thinks so, You can kind of fold it back but you have to force it a bit and I do not want to do that... it
is a little annoying but not too bad.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Octochick,

Oh is that your Kindle? You took that picture? It is fabulous! I think you should sell it to the company for their website! It is certainly more appealing than the first picture you posted and much prettier, too!

L

1 - 20 of 61 Posts