Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many fans of book trailers here on KB, myself included. In my case, I've seen some very humble trailers featuring sock puppets or fashion dolls to large budget production trailers for bigger name authors like Christine Feehan. But this has to be the trailer of all trailers. What leaves me speechless is that it was created on a shoestring budget by one of KB's very own indie authors (David Guyton). Don't know how many copies of books the video will sell for the author. But the fact that a one-man show can produce this level of quality for a book trailer is an accomplishment in itself. Feast your eyes on this newly minted masterpiece!

Credits: One of the actors in the video is Bruce Willis's body stunt double.
Fight scene was choreographed by the stunt director of Gladiator.
Costumes, special effects, artwork, cinematography, and performances, narration, and direction by David Guyton.

P.S: Awesome work, David. Hope you sell tons of books. ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
WOW! That trailer is awesome. :D

And Bruce Willis and his stunt double must be related. The resemblance is insane!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PMartelly said:
WOW! That trailer is awesome. :D

And Bruce Willis and his stunt double must be related. The resemblance is insane!
RM Prioleau said:
And yeah, that guy looked a lot like Bruce. LOL
It's gotta be cool to be able to get paid lots of money just because you look like a celebrity. Some people have all the luck! :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
originsean said:
That's a good one! I've added it to the collection at http://bestbooktrailers.tumblr.com. I hope David is fine with that :)
With a trailer that awesome, I'm sure David will be proud to know it's on display at your site for the world to see. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, amazing production values. Might be the best one I've seen. Some of the moves in the fight scene could have been done better, but still an impressive trailer overall.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MachineTrooper said:
Yeah, amazing production values. Might be the best one I've seen. Some of the moves in the fight scene could have been done better, but still an impressive trailer overall.
What's interesting to note is that the author created everything himself from the costumes (spending countless hours at the sewing machine) to the special effects (using all kinds of video editing, photo shop, and rotoscope animation software). He had to call in a few favors to get actors to play the role of the characters from his book (obviously he had to go in front and behind the camera). But this is a sterling example of one very determined author with practically no money just using his blood, sweat, and tears to help promote his work. I find this to be one of the best examples of what we all can do when we're doggedly determined to find a way to get our work noticed. And yes, I would put this trailer up against any of those COS produced (5 figure budget) book trailers. To be frank, I actually think it's better.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts