Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I found out about this board from the doll collecting board I belong to.  This is the second biggest fun thing about kindle.  The first is yesterday I downloaded the Hobbit and The LOTR Triology.  Finally I can go to Middle Earth anytime I want to go.    My hobbies are Doll Collecting, Scrapebooking,Reading of course and
music.  I am a Dead Head as I followed the Dead since the original Woodstock.    My other favorite bands are Rolling Stones, The Who,Pink Floyd,Metallica,Genesis with Peter Gabriel,Arosmith and The Beatles. At the monent I am unemployed as the school I was teaching at had to balance their budget.  I am hoping to join cooking school for baking at the local community college. 
I am a big fan of James Patterson,Tolken,Grishan and too many authors to mention.  I have a kindle 2 and it is really easy to use.  My only problem is I bought a DVD with 1500 books on it from EBAY.  I joined two sites and cannot get the dvd to download.  Can anyone  help?  Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the Kindle boards from another New Jersey-ite!

So sorry you are unemployed now (I am too) but, it does give you more time to read! Make sure you check out the free books and bargain book threads.

Pull up a chair and join right in. The people here are so friendly and helpful. I have to say this is one of the friendliest boards I have been on.

ferret

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
geniebeanie said:
My only problem is I bought a DVD with 1500 books on it from EBAY. I joined two sites and cannot get the dvd to download. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
This is why I no longer buy through e-bay. I've gotten burned a couple of times.

I just got back from visiting my family in Jersey. We used to live near the beach. It was a wonderful place to grow up.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, geniebeanie! Glad you found KindleBoards. There are several areas here that may interest you. One is The Book Corner, Where you will find discusions about all things book related, including Bargain Books, Free Books, Recommended by our Members and even book clubs. Then there is Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting Where you will find all things about dealing with your KIndle. Just want to talk about Kindle related subjects? That's in Let's Talk Kindle If you want to personalize your Kindle, go to the Accessories area. Again, glad you found KiindleBoards!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Geniebeanie - nice to have you here.  Some of your music is in my house all the time, but unfortunately my DH does not read and my genre of books is a lot different from yours.  Good luck on your cooking school, baking is pretty cool.  Intinst comes up with some pretty good cakes for our virtual parties, maybe he can give you hints other than the Book Korner, Accessories, etc., that he has already given.  Be sure and let us know how you do in getting school.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Geniebeanie!!  I'm sure you'll fit in well with this friendly crowd..
jp

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Geniebeanie!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Welcome geniebeanie. I'mbetween too states, confusion and dilerium. No, just kidding - PA and NJ. So hello from North Brunswick.

Edward C. Patterson

1 - 13 of 13 Posts