Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from a "long-time" Kindle user (bought mine *last* December) who wishes he'd found this forum much sooner.  I was in search of a solution as to how to add my dad's name (as author) and the title to his book to the home page of my Kindle, and while I ran across some Kindle blogs they were, all in all, fairly disappointing.  All of the solutions I'd seen seemed to require that I learn how to program in Perl.  But inside of 10 minutes of joining this forum I had my answer and now my dad's name and book title proudly appear on my Kindle and I am a happy camper (sometimes it's the little things!).

Quick background:  I'm a lawyer with a software company in Silicon Valley; the JetJock handle derives from the life-long query as to whether I'd have been happier as an airline pilot (since my avocation is flying).

Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.  Needless to say I think my Kindle is the cat's meow.

JetJock

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome,
thanks for the intro.  I'll be sure to keep my lawyer insults to a minimum just for you.  Only kidding.  Everyone is welcome here, and the answers, as you've already discovered, are easy found and easy to follow.
Have fun here in Kindle land.
debbie

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
JetJock--

Welcome to Kindleboards!  Glad we were able to be of help to you here, there's a lot of knowledge here, mostly from other people, LOL!

Congrats on being a long term Kindler.  Be sure to check out all the book recommendations in the Book Corner, and, as Linda said, we have Book Klubs starting this week!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome JetLock - glad to have you here.  Has you dad's book been published and for sale?  If you tell us about it who knows some of us might just go buy it!

Be careful, you might just become addicted to Kindling and forget about piloting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chynared21 said:
Hi and welcome aboard JetJock...good to have you here. Can I call you JJ? I am terribly lazy at typing out everyone's ids....you can call me Chy :p
You can call me pretty much anything you want, I don't offend all that easily. Thanks to all for the warm welcome - and to answer the question about my dad being an author, he's written a book about his year-long stint teaching English somewhere in the middle of Sechuan (sp?) Province in China. I haven't read it yet myself so I don't know if it's commercial grade, though I do remember looking through it at one point and thinking that it was essentially a travelogue that would likely need a lot of editing to hold people's interest. At least that's what I recall - now that it's properly ensconced on my Kindle, I will give it a read for real and determine whether to recommend he upload it to Amazon or someplace.

JJ

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
JetJock said:
You can call me pretty much anything you want, I don't offend all that easily. Thanks to all for the warm welcome - and to answer the question about my dad being an author, he's written a book about his year-long stint teaching English somewhere in the middle of Sechuan (sp?) Province in China. I haven't read it yet myself so I don't know if it's commercial grade, though I do remember looking through it at one point and thinking that it was essentially a travelogue that would likely need a lot of editing to hold people's interest. At least that's what I recall - now that it's properly ensconced on my Kindle, I will give it a read for real and determine whether to recommend he upload it to Amazon or someplace.

JJ
Sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing and let us know your thoughts once you're finished :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, JetJock -

Glad you found your answer here on the KB.

It would be great if your Dad could join the growing lists of authors who are members here.

Happy Kindling,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Jet! So glad to have you here. This is a fun and friendly bunch, as you have already discovered.

I'm interested in hearing more about your dad's book after you have had a chance to read it more carefully.

L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts