Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had some time to rethink this and have decided that life is richer being a part of this incredibly funny Kindle family than it is being separated and I want to re-up my enlistment.   I hope you will allow me to return.

I had spent about 35 years in law being involved with bad people and confrontations and told myself (I says to myself, "self....") that when I could retire I would do so and never again become involved (if at all possible) with having to deal with people that like to make others' lives miserable.  I have been pretty successful in that (turned in my law license and have gone on to do other things, like make cheese, learn how to survey and working at a ski area!) and when I recently felt that something of value to me was being unfairly challenged here I just wanted to walk away - and I did.  That was precipitous and I should have just sent a PM to Harvey or Leslie to deal with it, but it did not occur to me to do so.  I am still learning the ins and outs of these kinds of boards. 

So, I'm back and hope to contribute mightily to things like the Australian textile discussions, inter alia, and, ever so infrequently, the Kindle!

Yo Harvey - can I get my message count back up to the Lewis Carroll level or am I still a newbie?
Jeff - stay in touch.
Leslie - thanks.   :)   

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
E--than!

I am so happy you are back, you were missed!! Especially missed you in the Australia thread, you have some catching up to do.  ;) Welcome home!!

Linda

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ethan said:
Kindlers of the world, untie!!!
I've always thought that was the slogan of the dyslexics of the world? Welcome back. Well thought and considered comments are always a boon. Very glad you are giving us another try.

Have you read Jeff's book?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
HELLO ETHAN,

I am so glad you came back, I missed you. I sent you a PM before I read your post here so...do with it as you wish.

I didn't know you were LEO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERCIVE to your community, you are a HERO. LEO is very stressful, period, it doesn't matter if anything else is happening in other areas of your life or not, you had a lot to deal with.

If you want other LEO's to talk to and share your stories, what I sent you will help, lots of LEO's there to help a fellow-officer out.

I was a civilian Police volunteer for our Police Dept here, typed up LOTS of reports and did computer entry...I can look up anyone and see their whole life record ;D
The stress got to me so I haven't been back for a couple of years, but I really liked being a part of the close-knit family that comes about of it. I still give our Det/Sgt a Christmas gift every year and on occasion will pop in to bring him lunch, it always makes his day; he is the one I worked under. What's nice is the access to the Dept even after you leave, they are always happy to see one of their own come in for a visit and that is how I am there, complete access still. Amazing the loyalty and trust they will give each other.

I'm so glad you are back with us,

-sailor

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome Ethan.  Gr8 to have you back.  You can put a note  in your profile under the avatar and tell how many posts to add. LOL 

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Ethan,  I do not know what made you leave but I am impressed that you came back in spite of it.  I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ethan said:
It's in the cheddar family, a granular curd hard cheese. We work at the Calvin Coolidge Homestead in Plymouth Notch, VT using the Coolidge family recipe and equipment. It is a very cool set up.
I have visited the Calvin Coolidge Homestead. It was great...I had a nice afternoon there. Bought t-shirts for the kids!

L

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Welcome back, Ethan! I don't have an easy way to restore your post-count, so you'll have to be Dr. Seuss for a short while.

I am betting it won't be long before you reach Lewis Carroll status again..!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ethan said:
It's in the cheddar family, a granular curd hard cheese. We work at the Calvin Coolidge Homestead in Plymouth Notch, VT using the Coolidge family recipe and equipment. It is a very cool set up.
That's awesome. We are a cheese loving household. DH and I visited Cabot when we stayed at the Rabbit Hill Inn about 9 years ago. We had such a great time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts