Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Marsha and I'm a Kindleholic.  I've had my Kindle since October, and I think I'd give up my first-born child for it. . .if I'd ever had children.  I love to show it off, and have made a number of conversions, most recently the young woman behind the counter at Barnes and Noble.  Why was I at B&N, you ask?  Because, in their infinite wisdom, the publishers of the mystery series I just started have Kindlized 5 of the 6 titles. . .all but number 2!  :mad:  Does anyone here know how to reach any publishers so we can 1) thank them for Kindlizing their catalogs and 2) encourage them to do it IN ORDER?!?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome CC Lady, so glad to have you here. Also, you are the recipient of my 4000th post, not that I am keeping track or anything.

As to your other question...folks will have info on how to contact publishers. The whole series thing is hit or miss. Odd and problematic for readers.

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! If your a Kindleholic, you'll fit in here just fine. Even those of us who have yet to receive their Kindles are addicted, at least to the Kindleboard.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi CC Lady - nice to have you here  :)
I was reading a series and ran into the same problem, book 2 was not kindalized.  But if you go into Amazon and to the books, on the left side of the book page, there is a "I want to read this book on the kindle"  place.  Don't know if it will do any good, but it never hurts to try.  There is also a thread for all of us to go and do that for others.

Enjoy reading!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I see that no one has mentioned the klick this for me thread.  Go to the thread, under Books, (I'd post the link, but not sure how to do that) and add the book you want kindlized to that link.  We all help each other out by klicking on the books posted.  I believe Avalon said today that one of the ones she's been klicking is now available.  Let us know what it is and we'll definitely support your wish.
debbie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drenee said:
I see that no one has mentioned the klick this for me thread. Go to the thread, under Books, (I'd post the link, but not sure how to do that) and add the book you want kindlized to that link. We all help each other out by klicking on the books posted. I believe Avalon said today that one of the ones she's been klicking is now available. Let us know what it is and we'll definitely support your wish.
debbie
Excellent! None of us has as much clout as all of us!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome Marsha. I have a daughter named Marcia (pronounced the same as Marsha), but we call her Marcy. I thought giving her a different spelling was a good idea, but most called her Mar Cia, so we stuck with the Marcy. She was my first born child and there were plenty of times I would have given her away, but she is now my Kindling buddy and mother to 3 of my grandsons. Now she might want to give one of them up, but I won't take them off her hands.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Am I the only one who whenever I hear the name Marcia (or Marsha) I immediately flash to the Brady Bunch..."Marcia...Marcia....Marcia...." I could never give a child that name for that reason! LOL. I supposed the same goes for Jan, Cindy, Greg, Bobby, and Peter... (why do I remember this sort of stuff and I can't remember what I need to buy at the grocery store?)  ;D ;D

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Marcia and welcome to KindleBoards. Glad to have you here!

Leslie said:
Am I the only one who whenever I hear the name Marcia (or Marsha) I immediately flash to the Brady Bunch..."Marcia...Marcia....Marcia...." I could never give a child that name for that reason! LOL. I supposed the same goes for Jan, Cindy, Greg, Bobby, and Peter... (why do I remember this sort of stuff and I can't remember what I need to buy at the grocery store?) ;D ;D

L
I can relate, Leslie!! ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts