Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the Kindle Boards, and it is nice to see it is a group of friendly people.  I have just completed my first ebook titled How to Grow Glorious Wheatgrass at Home Tutorial.  This non-fiction is not action packed, full of mystery, spellbinding, nor any type of cliffhanger.  I do not think I will ever possess the writing talents in fiction genres.  To all of you great fiction authors, and as a former teacher, keep up the great work!

In the non-fiction area, I believe I have an important message to communicate.  I am passionate about the subject of health, and I clearly understand how incredibly valuable wheatgrass is to our health - especially at this time in history.  Unable to grow my own wheatgrass successfully with various resources at hand, I knew it was important to write a book to lead someone to successfully grow wheatgrass in highly mineral rich soil - as is the soil, so is the plant, and so is our health.

I share four easy to follow, step-by-step growing wheatgrass methods, accompanied by over 200 pictures, to grow a beautiful batch of this unparalleled and fantastic food source.  And to make sure the minerals are first in the soil for the wheatgrass to be able to absorb them, I tap into the sustainable salty fertilizer from the magnificent ocean itself.  

I hope to not only teach how to grow truly glorious wheatgrass, but also on why healthy grasslands around the world are so valuable for both animal and human health.  And I hope to bring further attention to ocean based fertilization which I believe holds tremendous potential for an enhanced tomorrow.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and my growing wheatgrass tutorial here.

All the best,

Eryn

(Side note:  Sorry for repost, but this post replaces post meant for Book Bazaar, could not delete it, so just reposted an original welcome.  So, hello again and have a great weekend!  :)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Eryn,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice to meet you.  Congrats on your book.  Enjoy the community!    :)

Lee

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, Eryn, I could not agree more that we need to improve the health of our soils and ourselves. Your book sounds interesting.
Welcome and keep the healthy advice books coming.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Hi Eryn, welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  So nice to see some "life" in these forums.

If you are like me, it is difficult to really get out there and promote your own book (ebook).  I don't know why that is since one is not so shy in actually writing the words down, right?

So if you have this "shyness" factor, carry on authors, because from my understanding, hopefully your continual promoting of your books will pay off for you untill the right audience finds them - with the end result being people appreciate your hard work, enjoy your books, and you leave your hopefully positive mark and messages as an author in this world. - Eryn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome!

I am new to the forum as well and your post caught my eye. Hopefully you are met with success. I'm not sure if this will help, but my housemate is very active in the world of international permaculture farming. She regales me often on the lack of relative information out there for those looking to start their own similar projects. There are tons of permaculture farms all over the map with websites and networks of their own that might love your book and help with advertising. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JacobS. said:
Welcome!

I am new to the forum as well and your post caught my eye. Hopefully you are met with success. I'm not sure if this will help, but my housemate is very active in the world of international permaculture farming. She regales me often on the lack of relative information out there for those looking to start their own similar projects. There are tons of permaculture farms all over the map with websites and networks of their own that might love your book and help with advertising. Good luck!
Thank you Jacob! You have spurred me on to market my growing wheatgrass tutorial in a slightly different and additional way - one that will better attract the attention of those interested in organic agriculture, and how to remineralize our soils with minerals from the ocean in a sustainable way. I know this is a very interesting topic to those looking to reduce pesticides in our agriculture by healthier plants from good soil needing less of such dangerous chemicals. My growing wheatgrass tutorial guides one to successfully grow wheatgrass plus communicates much more on sea mineral eco-fertilization for superior mineral rich soil.

If your housemate is interested, she can pop me an email at my website, see link below in my signature, and I would be happy to send her a free copy of my ebook. I think she would appreciate the chapter on sea mineral fertilization.

Thank you for your tip on non-fiction marketing in the permaculture category.

May I ask what your ebook is about? - Eryn

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome Eryn and congrats on your book!
You should give fiction a try.... I'm sure you have the talent necessary. I bet you have a great tale or two ruminating and waiting to be released. Unleash the beast!!! ;D
Best of luck!

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
John Nelson said:
Welcome Eryn and congrats on your book!
You should give fiction a try.... I'm sure you have the talent necessary. I bet you have a great tale or two ruminating and waiting to be released. Unleash the beast!!! ;D
Best of luck!

John
Hi John, Thanks for thinking I have the talent to write non-fiction. I think it is really a matter of what we have the passion to communicate. For now, the time and energy I have available will be spent to promote my wheatgrass growing book and the many messages within, as so many people can greatly benefit from its contents.

We are at a critical time in history where far to many have their lifetimes unnecessarily being cut short because of disease - many times the result of dangerous toxins in our environment, adulterated "foods," mineral depleted soils - with their subsequent mineral depleted foods not adequately nourishing and protecting the body. Today's youth are the first ever to have a shorter life-expectancy than their parents and grandparents, because of unwellness on many fronts.

I believe we can remedy many of these challenges facing the people on our planet - and that change will happen from individuals and organizations around the world educating and developing solutions. In a tiny way, I believe my book will not only teach how to grow the most amazing and nutrient rich vegetable easily at home, but will also serve to raise awareness on what can be done to add a full array of minerals to soil so the plant growing in that soil is healthier and more disease resistant - many times not needing the assistance of harmful chemicals to allow it to grow and flourish. We are a reflection of the health of our soil, and the foods from them - and I believe the salty essence of the ocean can greatly assist in our quest for healthier soil and foods.

There is so much more I need to communicate in the non-fiction area, before I could consider fiction. However, maybe some of these thoughts can be incorporated into your next fiction book! I like your title "Against Nature" - and it certainly is important to learn the many lessons nature teaches us.

Your book sounds very interesting John, and thank you again for the kind words....

To continuing to "unleash the beast," - Eryn

P.S. Thank you for the nice welcome T.J.!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts