Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
New board member, as well as Kindle owner, here.  The name’s Xia (pronounced “Zee-uh”).

I’ve been lurking for about a week.  Figured I’d join up when “Special K” got delivered.  Well, it arrived on Friday and we spent much of the weekend getting acquainted.  So I now know just little enough about this new gadget to be able to ask a whole mess of really stupid, pesky newbie questions!  Just kidding (mostly…  ;)).

This looks like a really nice forum filled with really nice people (as well as a lot of great info) and I’m glad to be here!

Cheers,
Xia

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Xia and Special K, we are glad you are here as well.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Xia & "Special K". What a beautiful name! I've had my kindle since 09/29/08 & lurked on Amazon.com 3 weeks prior to that but...I STILL have questions. We never get to old to learn something new.

Happy Kindling,
Linda

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sailor and Linda!  And thank you for the warm welcome!  We are both very glad to be here (altho Special K is taking a nap at the moment - he's tuckered from a busy morning of downloading samples).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Xia, Welcome! Glad to have you here.

We do have a FAQ for questions so that is always a good place to start. But feel free to ask anything, anytime! We love to talk about our Kindles.

Leslie

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Leslie!  I'm very glad to be here!

This is such a nice forum you folks have here; everyone is so friendly and helpful - and so well read, too.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I've probably read the fewest books of anyone else here (unless cookbooks count!).  I just seem to have such a hard time finding authors I really like.  But I'm hoping that will change now that I've got the Kindle and can download book samples for free.  Plus I'm already picking up a lot of good author/book leads from these here boards.  Woo-hoo!!

-Xia

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome Xia!  You are going to love it here!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
chynared21 said:
Special K :))
Chris calls me that :D Not sure if he means I'm special in a good way or needed to ride the short bus special but I still like to hear it. :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hey Zia! Welcome to you and Special K. Always feel free to ask questions... that is how we learn! Glad you are here!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!  Really makes a girl feel right at home!

-Xia

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, btw, I've noticed that a LOT of newbies here are crediting Leslie's posts at amazon for bringing them to this board.  So, I thought that I should also add that that is how I found my way here, too.  And...  Thanks ever so much for the link, Leslie!

-X

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Xia said:
Oh, btw, I've noticed that a LOT of newbies here are crediting Leslie's posts at amazon for bringing them to this board. So, I thought that I should also add that that is how I found my way here, too. And... Thanks ever so much for the link, Leslie!

-X
You are very welcome. I'm glad you didn't think I was spamming the joint.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Xia said:
Hi sailor and Linda! And thank you for the warm welcome! We are both very glad to be here (altho Special K is taking a nap at the moment - he's tuckered from a busy morning of downloading samples).
Welcome, Xia.

Special K will get used to all the downloading. But you might want to reward him with a little gift! Head on over to Accessories! We have a lot of good info on presents for your Kindle. Tee hee.

Our FAQ has a lot of good info, and our very own Leslie has an excellent Kindle book about the Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Betsy the Quilter said:
Welcome, Xia.

Special K will get used to all the downloading. But you might want to reward him with a little gift! Head on over to Accessories! We have a lot of good info on presents for your Kindle. Tee hee.

Our FAQ has a lot of good info, and our very own Leslie has an excellent Kindle book about the Kindle!

Betsy
Hi Betsy! Yes, I will be checking out some accessories for Special K. In anticipation of him arriving with a a crummy cover, based on the reviews and comments over at amazon, I bought him one of those cover and book light sets. However, the quality of that set is quite poor, is made of crappy, smelly plastic, and I doubt we'll ever use it. Oddly enough, he fits into his native cover quite well - he's never fallen out unexpectedly (so far), not even when I try to shake him loose. Perhaps I got the only cover that fits and functions precisely as designed? Dunno. However, I am interested in one of those fancy leather covers that will be made by that journal maker, which I saw discussed on a thread here last week (sorry, I forget their name at the moment, but I did check out their website and their stuff is very, very nice).

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that, altho I've only bought four books so far (I'm doing my best to adhere to a very strict kindle book budget! I've bought only 4 books, but have downloaded DOZENS of free books and about FIFTY book samples), the very first one I purchased was Leslie's (and her co-authors') kindle book. I do like it, and think I'll be able to learn a lot from it. With that, and all the great info here, I'll be an expert Kindle wrangler in no time!

Cheers,
Xia

1 - 17 of 17 Posts