Kindle Forum banner

Greetings from a former lurker...

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Angela 
#1 ·
OK, I admit the BorsaBella Bag giveway lured me into registering, but I am impressed with this board. I've never seen such well-dressed inanimate objects that weren't dolls in my life. :) Seriously, I've got to skip the Oberon cover photo threads. I now want at least 1 of each design. I hope I can keep learning about the Kindle 2 as well. Now I'm off to go read a mystery on my Kindle. Later.

---kindlenewbie

#4 ·
Greetings and Welcome, Kindlenewbie! Glad to have yo with us.

#8 ·
Anju said:
Hi Kindlenewbie - glad you came out of lurking and decided to join us ;D What mystery are you reading? Allreading suggestions are welcome ;)
I have Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell loaded on "Kindle 2! The Sequel" but was distracted by the first few pages of The Great Gatsby.

Thanks for the kind words of welcome from everyone. I'd better call it a night, though. Later.

#10 ·
Hello from WI!!  I'm a former lurker, too....just registered here today.  I have a KK with a solid black skin and am waiting VERY impatiently for my purple butterfly Oberon.  I'm enjoying reading how everyone has "pimped" their Kindles but it's putting soooo many ideas in my head!!!  I could go broke decking out my KK  :D 

#13 ·
I've had mine since last July so it's been camping a lot already.  It is GREAT to take camping as long as I already have books on it since many of the parks don't have whispernet access.  Now, if only I could find a way to waterproof it for reading in the tub!!  ;D

#14 ·
12bcamping said:
I've had mine since last July so it's been camping a lot already. It is GREAT to take camping as long as I already have books on it since many of the parks don't have whispernet access. Now, if only I could find a way to waterproof it for reading in the tub!! ;D
Here you go!

#17 ·
I backpack and bought one to take out with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.