Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a K2 two days ago, loving it so far! Seems my timing was great, since the iPhone app just got released also.

Times are good for my reading self!

Starter books:

Still Life with Woodpecker (old favorite..)
The Enchanted April (loved the movie, didn't even know it was a book!)
The Diamond Age (another old favorite, seemed oddly appropriate choice)

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome to the kindleboards!!! hope you enjoy your kindle! On great thinga about the kindle app...you can put them on the same account it can be kindle backup...unless you are like some of us members who are more likely to forget their phone than their kindles

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, akjak! Be sure and check out the Book Corner area for ideas on cheap or free reads and the Accessories area for tips on glaming up your Kindle.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Akjak - you will really love your kindle, just don't read so much you forget to tell us about what you are reading and doing up there in the north lands  ;)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a little worried about WhisperNet up here, but so far it's worked just fine.

How's your coverage, Sylvia?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I do not get any coverage in SE. I see the maps have it in Juneau so I may try it on the beach(30 minute flight to Juneau). I only make it out of this bush community a couple times a year. it is no problem hooking to computer and getting things that way as least with KK I have a chance to try that for the first time tonight with my K2. (yes we have one of each due to 4 big readers in my family). most people here lack the interest in my Kindle How are you finding it there?
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't been out in public with it much as yet, but a couple of my friends are interested.

BF keeps asking if I'm tired of it yet, so he can "borrow" it... I told him to get his own. Ha! He's waiting until there's a reader that's more screen and less buttons. I kind of agree that there's too much unused space around the screen... Couldn't the screen be just a bit taller? He basically wants one that's mostly screen, with only a few buttons on the side. Maybe Kindle3.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the KB!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
as I understand the eink boards come in two sizes and next size too big. I agree i find a lot of open space on K2, mostly I think due to the fact I have only tried whispernet once. the open area provides something to hold on to.
sylvia

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the KB

I lived up there for about 6 years, miss the beauty...but not the winter time darkness

1 - 13 of 13 Posts