Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!  I have been reading some of the boards all evening since I purchased my Kindle from someone on eBay earlier.  I can't wait to get it.  I am a voracious reader and am tired of piling up books around the house, only to take them to trade, donate or give away after I read them.  All the trees we go through at our house!!!!  And yes we know about the public library, but I am terrible to forget to return them or impatient to wait on a title.  So here's hoping this is the answer!!!!.  Maybe my husband and kids will be interested too.

Oh... my name is Mary and I live in a town in WV along the Ohio river.  I am a SAHM with 2 HS kids - 16 yo daughter - sophomore  and a 17 yo son who is a senior.  My husband works construction for the government.  That's it in a nutshell.  Haven't actually participated ln/on a board in quite a while.  I have a feeling that this could be a good group of people to communicate with.  Can't go wrong with people who like to read!!!!  :D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Mary.  So glad to have another West Virginian here.  I too live along the Ohio River.  I'm in the north.  You?

I'm sure you'll love your Kindle, and also love being on the Kindleboards.  They are a good group of people, with tons of good suggestions for reading, and great tips on both K1 and K2, and any accessory imaginable. 

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Mary! I'm sure you'll get hooked like the rest of us...
jp

·
Registered
447 Posts
CruellaWV said:
And yes we know about the public library, but I am terrible to forget to return them or impatient to wait on a title.
Welcome! We know you will love your Kindle. I had an issue with Dead Tree Books DTB piling up around the house and having to dust them too.

Amazon offers a wonderful selection of books for the Kindle with more coming every day. I was talking to my sister-in-law the other day. She lives in a small town in Delaware and the library is small too. She's just not into reading enough to spend the money on a Kindle.

We look forward to your stories about your Kindle.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Mary! While you are waiting on the kindle, check out the Book Corner area for advice on cheap and even free reads. The Accessories area will help you make your Kindle the best dressed in West Virginia if you so desire. If you have any questions, ask away. Someone here at KindleBoards probably knows the answer.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi Mary!

Glad you are joining us!  Can't wait to hear of your Kindle stories and things you discover.  This is a great group of people here and if you have a question just ask!  We love that!  And if you just want to "show off" something about your Kindle, we love to listen and look!  (for instance: post pics of your Kindle all decked out in a decalgirl skin and an Oberon cover with a Borsa Bella bag...we will oooo and ahhhh like none of your friends will ;) )

Glad to have you on board....

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Mary - so nice to have you join us, we are a very nice and non-enabler group of folks - if you believe that well I have a bridge ----  ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts