Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 24, 2007 was an exceedingly good day as it was the first day I became an official 'Kindler'. I had to wait a few days for delivery but by that time I had scoured every message board, sought out every review and basically fallen head over heels for a device I had yet to lay hands on. I remember logging onto Amazon on a whim two days before purchasing and seeing it for the first time... and then seeing the price tag for the first time. Not having the money on hand, I cheerfully distracted the part of my brain that generates sound financial advice and put the whole balance on my credit card. I've never once regretted the purchase.

I was a very early adopter but I never really accessorized the Kindle with any new skins or cases. That is something that I am just now getting around to rectifying. I have a pretty sweet skin + case combo I’m trying to put together that I am really excited about and hope to post pics soon.

I love almost everything about the Kindle experience and I feel the instant purchase feature has helped me explore new genres and books I never would have noticed at the local Books-A-Million. It is good to be among fellow addicts and I look forward to joining your community!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome!  There is a good mix of experienced new and wanna-be Kindlers on this board. Someone to answer questions or just whine about wanting your day of delivery to come. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Blue...my exceedingly good day was April 6, when I ordered my Kindle...or maybe it was April 28th, when it arrived! Whatever, Sir Sterndale Bennett arrived and it has been a love affair ever since.

Glad to have you here. Have fun with the accessories.  ;)

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Blue, glad you are here! You will fit in perfectly because we are Kindleholics. Hope you will join us for a book klub over in The Book Corner.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi there and a warm welcome to you!

I think your post pretty much reflects how we all feel about our Kindle purchase and I don't think any of us have ever looked back  ;D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bluejarzen said:
November 24, 2007 was an exceedingly good day as it was the first day I became an official 'Kindler'. I had to wait a few days for delivery but by that time I had scoured every message board, sought out every review and basically fallen head over heels for a device I had yet to lay hands on. I remember logging onto Amazon on a whim two days before purchasing and seeing it for the first time... and then seeing the price tag for the first time. Not having the money on hand, I cheerfully distracted the part of my brain that generates sound financial advice and put the whole balance on my credit card. I've never once regretted the purchase.

I was a very early adopter but I never really accessorized the Kindle with any new skins or cases. That is something that I am just now getting around to rectifying. I have a pretty sweet skin + case combo I'm trying to put together that I am really excited about and hope to post pics soon.

I love almost everything about the Kindle experience and I feel the instant purchase feature has helped me explore new genres and books I never would have noticed at the local Books-A-Million. It is good to be among fellow addicts and I look forward to joining your community!
Welcome....dressing the Kindle is one of the many highlights of owning a Kindle :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Blue - I have been wanting an electronic reader for ever and when I saw the kindle a looonnnnggg time ago and read the reviews it was love at first eyeball.  I was so jealous of those people that got to test it!  But have had mine for awhile and won't let it go!  ::)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, welcome to the board, I am new here too! Your story sounds similar to mine, I was an early adopter too and never once regretted buying the Kindle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts