Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been perusing the boards for some time now.  I ordered my Kindle on January 6th and have been waiting very impatiently --  like everyone else, I'm sure!

Now I'm off to read some more posts about the kindle....

Kerri

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sienna_98 said:
I have been perusing the boards for some time now. I ordered my Kindle on January 6th and have been waiting very impatiently -- like everyone else, I'm sure!

Now I'm off to read some more posts about the kindle....

Kerri
Welcome to the board Sienna, what on earth makes you think we're impatient. ;)

I have a sister that lives in San Antonio and will be moving to Austin for her husbands job. Any advice on neighborhoods to look in(or away from)?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Kerri - Welcome from an ex-Texan (if there is any such a thing).  Lots of us good guys on the KB - hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Even though I no live in Texas, I still consider Texas home. I am from the Houston area. I have children and family there. This is a good place to hang out why waiting.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Kerri! Good to have you with us. Enjoy the KindleBoards while you are waiting for your Kindle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcomes y'all.  :)

I work in Austin and live about 40 miles East of Austin in Bastrop. 

Preferred neighborhoods for Austin all depend on the location of the job.  As a very general rule, you want to stay West of IH-35.  If the job is North of Town Lake (n/k/a Ladybird Lake) the commute will be much easier if the home is North of the lake (and same goes if job is South of Town Lake).

I moved down to Texas from Maine about 14 years ago.  This is definitely my favorite time of year in Texas, weather-wise.  ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts