Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I Googled my way here today and decided to stay.  My wonderful husband surprised me with a Kindle for my birthday last year, and I waited impatiently from December until it arrived a couple of weeks ago.

This is my first e-book and I am loving it so far.  I read a little bit of everything, but my favorite genre is science fiction/fantasy.  I'm hoping that my Kindle will free up some space in the house -- some day it's going to implode from the weight of all the books, LOL!  We're both voracious readers, and there are books everywhere.

I look forward to learning all the ins and outs of the Kindle world!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Ranger - for such a small state we have quite a few kindlers here.  You will need to plan on getting your DH a kindle for his birthday, to avoid the fights over who gets the kindle (after all it WAS YOUR present  ::) )

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome! Be sure to check out the Book Corner. I have noticed quite a few fantasy/sci-fi authors promoting their work. There was also a thread not to long ago about four new free fantasy/sci-fi books.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Welcome RangerXenos! :) Glad you found your way here. Make yourself at home.
Be sure to take your shoes off first and you can eat but don't spill anything!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anju said:
Welcome Ranger - for such a small state we have quite a few kindlers here. You will need to plan on getting your DH a kindle for his birthday, to avoid the fights over who gets the kindle (after all it WAS YOUR present ::) )
Thanks for the warm welcome, I have already been poking around the different forums here, lots of good info.

As to buying DH a Kindle, he doesn't want one -- ah, the poor misguided soul! I'm the geek of the family, I love technology. He doesn't understand why I use my Ipod instead of the stereo, or my Kindle instead of a book.

I'm still thinking he'll eventually come around with the Kindle, we'll see...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetinsg and Welcome, Ranger! Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello RangerXenos and welcome! sorry this is coming so late... I have been gone for a while and just getting caught up on the backlog of posts! Hope your first month here has been enjoyable!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts