Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, not really the prison. And not quite Folsom, California either, but it's the closest place that folks are likely to have heard of.

Matt Maxwell here. I write a variety of things, but most of my Kindle output falls in the sci-fi/fantasy/horror range. Well, there's the big book of essays on comics, but I figure that's a...select...readership.

You can view my Amazon Author page at http://tinyurl.com/mattmaxwellauthor, which covers my Kindle books, as well as my one print book, the first volume of the horror/western comic series STRANGEWAYS.

Should I clutter up this post with actual links to the books? Self-promo is one of those things that I'm not a natural at. I know. I should probably fix that sometime.

I'll list my newest one. How 'bout that? http://tinyurl.com/ragnarokkindle - RAGNAROK SUMMER
Epic fantasy with dashes of horror and sci-fi elements. Starts with the question "What if the Norse gods won the battle of Ragnarok?" and leads to Thor and Loki on a maniac motorcycle trip through the nine worlds: from the belly of the Midgard Serpent to the spires of Asgard to the twilit limbo of Hel, in pursuit of the secret that stopped the end of the world, a secret which is eating through reality like a cancer. I'm not sure what else to liken it to, since I haven't read many other books like it at all.

What else? I graduated from UC Irvine a long, long time ago. Still read (some) comic books, listen to everything from Tom Waits to Sunn 0))), married, two kids, spend most of my time and energy keeping them from killing each other. They grow out of that, right?

Glad to be here. Will spend some more time poking around and participating.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Matt,

I gotta say, Ragnarok Summer sounds extraordinarily cool! I don't think any book I've read has had a premise that's grabbed my attention by the throat like that. Probably has something to do with my having recently seen the Marvel film Thor.  :p

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Matt!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards! We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet? That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of Kindleboards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Your guide to Forum Speak! linked from Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. Need help setting up your signature line or avatar? This will be just what you need: Creating Signatures - An Updated tutorial.
Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Matt, and welcome to KB.  Glad to have you with us.  Wishing you every success with your books.

Dan --

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. And I'm beginning to work my way through the boards, though my wife is probably wondering why I'm not upstairs painting with her.

Zach, if you're interested, but on the fence, I'm serializing the first quarter or so of the book over on my blog, over the next several weeks. Pretty sure that's a larger chunk than the sample Kindle will send you.

Funny, but I didn't intend to put it out on THOR's coattails, mostly because I'd forgotten the manuscript for a long time (it was written...well, before I had kids, so more or less a lifetime ago.) Still haven't seen the film, but am working through the Walt Simonson THOR omnibus from Marvel. A daunting task.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Welcome aboard :) I thought this was going to be a Johnny Cash appreciation thread hehe

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Matt,

You've been to Folsom Prison haven't you Matt? Come on, you can tell us...we're like family her on the boards. What'd ya get busted for Matt? Felony fiction? It's OK...
It's OK!

Welcome!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Glad you are here, no matter what you had to do to make it !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts