Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!  My husband and I have had our kindles for about a month, and have been on this forum for about two weeks now, just reading threads.  The board is fantastic!  We've already purchased books and Oberon covers due to suggestions found here.  I've named my Kindle Baby, mainly because it irritates my husband.  He refuses to name his, but I catch him looking at it longingly when he isn't reading, so it shouldn't be long.  Thanks to everyone for the welcome we've received!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, enwood! Glad to have you with us!

Oh, forgot to add, your husband is welcome to join, too!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Wasn't somebody from your town on that tv show to find the best Comedian??? Or was that a different Hickory.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, that was us.  John Reep was his name and he won Last Comic Standing.  Although I'm a little embarrassed to say we didn't watch it.  :-*

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I love Hickory, NC.  I lived in Valdese for a while, and then in Taylorsville.  I loved Skins BBQ.  I hope I remembered that name correctly.  I went to college at Catawba Valley Community College. 
deb

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We love living here.  We're actually right outside of Hickory, in a small community.  We have two small children, 5 and almost 3, and we really like living in a place where we know a lot of our neighbors and people in the area.  Are you talking about Sims BBQ?  They have live music and dancing most weekends and their BBQ is fantastic!

·
Registered
16 Posts
enwood said:
Hi all! My husband and I have had our kindles for about a month, and have been on this forum for about two weeks now, just reading threads. The board is fantastic! We've already purchased books and Oberon covers due to suggestions found here. I've named my Kindle Baby, mainly because it irritates my husband. He refuses to name his, but I catch him looking at it longingly when he isn't reading, so it shouldn't be long. Thanks to everyone for the welcome we've received!
Yes...this board has been a very costly venture for my wife and I. ;)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Another DH and DW Kindle Kouple! I think there are quite a few twins here--welcome!

I'd be another...if only my wife had one. I'm working on it. Two can read more cheaply than one, no? What kinds of stuff do you all read and share?

·
Registered
16 Posts
BrassMan said:
Another DH and DW Kindle Kouple! I think there are quite a few twins here--welcome!

I'd be another...if only my wife had one. I'm working on it. Two can read more cheaply than one, no? What kinds of stuff do you all read and share?
Typically, we don't read the same type of books. She just finished up the 4th Song of Ice and Fire book (which I do intend to read). I've been working my way through Neil Gaiman's books. Which I'm sure she'll eventually read as well. She's more into the Nora Roberts type books, whereas I like fantasy/sci-fi.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Hello, Enwood,
I'm new here, too. I'm from Matthews, North Carolina--not too far from you. Sadly, I haven't gotten a Kindle yet, but I can read Kindle Books on my iPod Touch, which I named Thor. I am very big on naming all my stuff and my husband has finally gotten used to what he calls, "an endearing little quirk."
Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome enwood and woodjh!  I think it's neat all the kindle kouples we have here!  Woo Hoo!

We have some terrific sci-fi authors here, and romance, and thrillers, and western and you name it!  Be sure and check out In Her Name and the Distant Cousin trilogy - both are sci fi and romance! sorta  ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi enwood,
I'm from the big town of HUDSON NC.  I work in Hickory. I just received my Kindle 2 from the Easter Bunny this weekend.  I have lurked around for weeks reading about it.  I stayed up late last night and finished my 1st book.  I love it so far.  Just trying to not go broke buying more books than I can read at one time!!!
I'm excited about this site have received a lot of suggestions and info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts